Secrets in DC still open(?)

manorbrown
This topic is 3015 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Web site seems to suggest so but Google has it flagged as "permanently closed"...anyone know for sure....also, any similar establishments in the DC/Balitmore area?

The phone number is still in service. Plus Yelp doesn't mention that it is closed. I think Google is plain wrong (it happens), or Google is referring to it's prior incarnation when it was closed for a period of time. (I think it was torn down when the stadium was built).

Gman

PS: I just found a website talking about an MLK Day Celebration. That's this weekend.

But I did find some articles talking about the building possibly being for sale in 2013. Something to do with building a new soccer stadium. I don't know if that is still relevant or not.

Gman

• 2 weeks later...

The soccer stadium will be built. I think groundbreaking is expected some time this summer. Before that the DC government is supposed to be doing soil remediation. So, Secrets probably doesn't have much longer to go. That whole area will be getting more condos and apartments.

The soccer stadium will be built. I think groundbreaking is expected some time this summer. Before that the DC government is supposed to be doing soil remediation. So, Secrets probably doesn't have much longer to go. That whole area will be getting more condos and apartments.

Is there any news of where it might go? It seems such bad luck to be closed by stadiums twice.

Gman

Any property that was part of the scope for the stadium had to have the city file for imenant domain already. It's not part of that group. In fact literally across the street is. (Meaning the other side of Half St.)

Now that being said... I would imagine the owner (Allan Carroll) selling it a few years after the stadium is built just for the location. It's next to the waterfront and between two stadiums. If someone comes back and redevelops the entire waterfront similar to how they're doing across from the ball park, it could get interesting.

I don't see the owner going through moving the club again. The level of profitability is not there to go out for a big fight to get a location approved and I don't think his heart would be in it. So if it were to close (and there is absolutely no plans to sell or close the place anytime in the next few years)... It would be the end of an era.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, the soccer stadium is going to happen. Glad to hear it's still a couple of years down the road.

The Nats Stadium displaced Secrets a couple of years back (along with the 3 other nude dancing places nearby). While DC does have a moratorium on nude dancing licenses, the city council made an exception for those licenses. Unfortunately, Secrets was the only one to reopen. Wonder if they'll give another exemption this time. Amusingly, the exceptions were pushed through by a gay ex-council member who is now the promoter for Rock Hard DC. No gay men on the council currently, so I'm pessimistic about Secrets' license surviving this time.

I will never understand the hype with secrets! Male strippers, but you can't touch.... That's like taking me to a buffet and saying that I can only look at the food

Haven't been in a while. Can you no longer touch at all? After Secrets got busted a few years back by the alcohol control board for sexual activity in the club, rules changed to above the waist and below the knee only. My first visit to LaCage (one of the other clubs razed for the stadium), walked in and saw at least 12 guys on the bars with full-on erections that customers could play with. Oh how I miss Dollar Dick Nights ($1 beers and all the penises you could want) at LaCage.

You can touch the dancers while they dance just not their crouch or ass. Plus they are completely naked. There is no lap dancing. If you hate being pestered to get lap dances then you'll like Secrets. In DC strippers have to be paid as employees. So dancers live off their tips and token salary. They don't pay anything to the club. Some are talkative but there is zero pressure for lap dances.

I have discussed on this forum how much the Ft L clubs charge the dancers so they in turn must continuously be pressuring customers for lapdances. It seems though few are bothered by it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Rockhard is adding another night, Thursdays, to its weekly lineup. Has anybody been on Sundays? (How is it?)

• 1 month later...

How safe is the neighborhood around Rockhard?

Secrets has some hot guys, but the lack of lap dances & restrictions on touching mean I'd rather go to Nyc or Montreal :) or the Thursday night m4m strip show at the Raven in New Hope, PA (near Philly and Trenton).

How safe is the neighborhood around Rockhard?

Secrets has some hot guys, but the lack of lap dances & restrictions on touching mean I'd rather go to Nyc or Montreal :) or the Thursday night m4m strip show at the Raven in New Hope, PA (near Philly and Trenton).

I think it is reasonably safe. I always drive and walk just a few blocks, it always look safe. You are,just three blocks away from one of Columbia highs restaurants hubs.

I went last Sunday and did not enjoy it. It was very crowded and the AC was not working. The boys were all sweat and a few of them smelled. I know that some of us enjoy that, not me. I made an appointment with my boy for the following day and left.

I will probably go again this Sunday, it is not a holiday so the crowd should be smaller.

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna try Rock Hard tonight (Thurs). Will report back on their new Thurs deal. Am in DC for a couple days.

I think it is reasonably safe. I always drive and walk just a few blocks, it always look safe. You are,just three blocks away from one of Columbia highs restaurants hubs.

I went last Sunday and did not enjoy it. It was very crowded and the AC was not working. The boys were all sweat and a few of them smelled. I know that some of us enjoy that, not me. I made an appointment with my boy for the following day and left.

I will probably go again this Sunday, it is not a holiday so the crowd should be smaller.

Archived