East Side Club NYC

Doe Be Doe
This topic is 3046 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So I met a guy on Grindr who had a room at the East Side Club. It's a sex club with showers and many individual rooms. I had never heard of it and, against my better judgment, agreed to meet him. It cost $37 for a locker fee.

I got there and he was no where to be found and did not respond to messages. I had an uneasy feeling so I left. Shortly after leaving he messaged again saying that he had been in the shower and I should come back. That would have cost another fee and I had heard no showers running. (Which doesn't mean there wasn't one running.)

I got the feeling that I was being lured there to drum up business for the place. If the ESC is legitimate and I am wrong in my feelings I apologize.

Anyone have any similar experiences or any thoughts on the ESC?

Thanks.

I've never been to East Side Club, but have been to its sister site, rather obviously named West Side Club. My understanding is that ESC is somewhat more depressing of the two. WSC, while not great, is what NYC has to offer.

The $37 you mentioned included a temporary membership fee which allows (I believe) five or ten visits in a one-month period. Going back in would have only set you back the $10 locker fee.

I'm not sure they're savvy nor devious enough to generate business that way, but I'm sorry you had that experience. Going forward, I might recommend meeting him in the lobby and entering together. Or not.

Kevin Slater

• 4 weeks later...

I started to go to ESC in the very early 90s whenever I would travel to NYC, it was big fun.

Then I switched to WSC a few years later when ESC started to become quite depressing. Last trip to WSC about 7-8 years ago made me feel like I would never want to go back!

Bath Houses were real fun until perhaps 10 years ago all over the world. I have amazing memories of amazing sex in those little rooms!

But I think that online meetings has almost totally replaced walking around with a towel in a maze with rooms. Pity.

Archived