Rough day

amused1
This topic is 3130 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry you had a bad day man.....exercise, exercise, exercise

Got to agree with jeepo1 on this. Not that I couldn't enjoy several of the other suggestions, but nothing does more to get me in a positive frame of mind than investing an hour's worth of sweat equity in myself. Like maninsoma, I prefer it in the morning (tends to give me a good outlook on the day), but the more important thing is making a habit of it. I feel like I'm doing something good for myself and it helps keep whatever bad stuff comes along from throwing me for a loop.

Hope today's a better day, amused1.

It's only been sort of suggested once above but since you don't drink there's always........well......just check out my Avatar to the left. Guaranteed to put you in a better mood. Do some of that in whatever form you wish then go to YouTube and look at funny animal videos till you can't breathe from laughing.

The remainder of the walk is music, a podcast or something else to get my mind off the day.

I see the two as separate, Zip. The ride (or walk in your case) is, to me, the point of it, and music or a podcast would be a distraction. Even walking through an unfamiliar area can be a distraction in the way that a bike ride along an unremarkable country road is not. A train trip, with no book or any other distraction, just looking out the window as the world rushes by can be similarly cathartic!

Had a rough day at work today. What do you do to process a bad day? Note, I don't do booze. :).

It depends. Sometimes, I go walking. I typically walk a 12 - 15 minute mile, but after a particularly bad day I've done an 11 or even 10 minute mile. Other times, I find a nice nap followed by a long walk can do the trick.

Lastly, after a VERY bad day a few years ago a guy I was hiring fairly frequently called me to say he was in town and asked if I wanted to get together. After he had a very sweaty workout, we engaged in an aromatherapy session. :D

I ended up eating a bowl of veggie soup, made from veg from my garden this summer and going to bed early. After 21 days of work, I finally have 1.5 days off.

As for walking or biking, the 20 degree weather is a bit of a deterrent. :).

The bitter cold is always a good distraction. Nothing will get your mind off mundane bad day thoughts like frostbite ;)

I ended up eating a bowl of veggie soup, made from veg from my garden this summer and going to bed early. After 21 days of work, I finally have 1.5 days off.

As for walking or biking, the 20 degree weather is a bit of a deterrent. :).

Excellent decision. Just sleep that shit away and get up early the next morning and exercise. It's a great way to say hello to a new day and start over.

Archived