What's cookin'?

amused1
This topic is 3126 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Nyclocker, misery loves company. It's about 215am in my time zone and my lentil soup is cleaning me out...never really posted from the can before. The lighting is good in this place!

I'm gone for one long weekend TR and you take this forum into the shitter.....literally :rolleyes:

After @jackjackjack wrote that nice thread about how classy and upper crust you all are. :oops:

Well, I just noticed this thread. Tonight I whipped up (sorry) what I call my own fusion cuisine version of Italian soul food: Collard greens, cannellini beans, peperoni, garlic, with penne pasta. It combines something that I enjoyed at a restaurant in Arlingtion, VA many years ago with the components of a classic Italian peasant meal.

Since it already has been alluded to, I must warn @geminibear that this meal has the same effect as @Truereview 's Lentil soup! Yes I'll be smiling in a few hours time!

butternut squash works great with apples, onions and apples. you can use chicken stock or veg stock and make a tasty soup I use fruit in savory dishes a great deal. Fruit doesn't have to appear just at dessert

I have lots of onions to use up!

I tried this and it worked, tasting it out of the pot. (I stir-fried both and added them to the soup.) Let's see how is does when I have it in a meal.

Thanks CB.

Archived