Peyton Manning placed his "naked butt and rectum... on my face."

marylander1940
This topic is 3092 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

not to make light of sexual assault or condoning his behavior.. but hot damn I would let him sit on my face and put anything he wanted anywhere.

Assuming it was consensual, yes, I agree. Especially during a sweaty football game. Nonetheless, if the allegations are true he forced himself on a woman who was examining him.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm from Indiana. Peyton's a folk hero here, and this has kind of ruined the pride so many of us felt in his recent victory.

Everyone has a dark side, and I can easily imagine he was an entitled, pampered jerk when he was a college star. The Super Bowl win brought renewed attention, which gave the writer of the article, and the Daily News, an incentive to get web traffic (and thus sell ads) by bringing this up. It's really disgusting--Manning's behavior as alleged, and the smearing of Naughright in the book--and it just reminds me how much I don't like to know anything about the private lives of entertainers and athletes whose work I admire.

We like to idolize people of great accomplishment. We each have monsters within us; maybe it's healthy when we find out our idols are as fully human as everyone else.

Even saying that the incident did occur, it is old news to the parties involved and does not seem to be a sexual assault, it seems it is a rather tasteless juvenile expression of disdain by a teen who felt he was entitled to act that way and who had football talent, which allowed him to get away with it.

Really?

A guy sits his naked balls and ass on a woman's face without her consent and it doesn't seem to you like sexual assault? Fuck! That is just mind-blowing. It is not a juvenile prank, it's fucking sexual battery and it's people like you saying it is just a prank who keep the whole cycle of abuse happening.

What would you think if it were your daughter, the one who got an asshole sitting on her, your wife, your mother?

besides when I started reading I thought she was raped by him, harassed by all the girls in the school (because they didn't want to be called prudes and excluded by the guys) or something more serious... Football players rape women in school and they're always protected because they're the money makers. Let's talk about something more serious, how many girls have been raped in the military and schools since this came out?

"Yeah sorry missy, if you were not the victim of forced insertion I will take a pass. Give me the tore vaginas, give me the destroyed asses, give me the forced pregnancies or children abuse. A guy sitting on your face is just not salacious enough! NEXT!"

Clearly there is a reason we have to talk about this now. I am appalled by these reactions. Quantifying the severity of sexual abuse from your privileged white man's perspective and then deeming it unimportant. This is exactly why famous kids in college think they can still get away with it.

I hope this way of thinking will die soon. How terribly sad.

Really?

A guy sits his naked balls and ass on a woman's face without her consent and it doesn't seem to you like sexual assault? Fuck! That is just mind-blowing. It is not a juvenile prank, it's fucking sexual battery and it's people like you saying it is just a prank who keep the whole cycle of abuse happening.

What would you think if it were your daughter, the one who got an asshole sitting on her, your wife, your mother?

"Yeah sorry missy, if you were not the victim of forced insertion I will take a pass. Give me the tore vaginas, give me the destroyed asses, give me the forced pregnancies or children abuse. A guy sitting on your face is just not salacious enough! NEXT!"

Clearly there is a reason we have to talk about this now. I am appalled by these reactions. Quantifying the severity of sexual abuse from your privileged white man's perspective and then deeming it unimportant. This is exactly why famous kids in college think they can still get away with it.

I hope this way of thinking will die soon. How terribly sad.

I didn't day it wasn't serious... it's serious but there are other things happening as we speak to women and men in colleges and specially in the military. That's all I said.

Business Insider read the documents, in which Naughright described an incident in which she was examining Manning for a possible stress fracture in his foot, when he "intentionally and in order to disrespect Dr. Naughright, placed his '...naked butt and rectum...' on her face."

Here is how Dr. Naughtright described the incident:

Q. Let me be very clear there. It was not just his behind, his rear end, that was on your face, but his genitalia was on your face?

A. That's correct. It was the. gluteous maximus, the rectum, the testicles. and the area in between the testicles. And all that was on my face when I pushed him up and off. And it was like this and as I pushed him up to get leverage. I took my head out to push him up and off.

Q. And what, if' anything, did Mr. Manning — withdrawn. Did you say anything or scream or as you felt this on the top of your head?

A. I pushed him off of me and I said, "You're an ass."

Q. Did you yell or scream or anything like that?

A. When he turned around and looked at me with the anger in his eyes that I saw, I did not want to get confrontational with him. I could see that anger and when I looked at [another student-athlete, Malcolm] Saxon he was just shocked. He had his mouth wide open and he was in shock. In disbelief.

Q. What did Mr. Manning say, if anything, to you after you told him he was an ass?

A. He had anger and he smirked and he laughed.

Naughright reported the incident to the Sexual Assault Crisis Center in Knoxville "within hours" of the incident.

According to the document, there was a previous incident between the two in 1994, during Manning's freshman year, "which will not only explain the genesis for Peyton Manning's dislike for Dr. Naughright but will be relevant to understanding the 1996 incident."

Naughright also detailed allegations of intimidation, including two incidents in which she claims that Manning saw her in the locker room and then proceeded to pull his pants down and sit on another athlete's face in what was described by the documents as "reenactments" if the alleged assault.

Where do I sign up?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/leaked-documents-shed-light-sexual-223300331.html

One more thing... sexual harassment or any kind of harassment at the work place is not a joke but this whole thing it's funny.

I asked a friend who is an MD about this. She was a bit confused, on how Dr. Naughrigh got a face full of ass, especially if she was examining his foot like she is stating. Was she on her back looking up? If not, was she crouched down on the floor to look at his foot, and if so, was he straddling her head? Why would she put herself in that position? Was he sitting on a bench, if so, shouldn't she have noticed when he got up to teabag/etc her? was it wrong for manning to have done that? very much yes.. but my friend is just very confuzzled on the acrobatic contortions Dr. Naughrigh or Manning must have accomplished for that act to happen if she was being a safe and positional minded dr.

I know there are other Drs on this site, doesn't it sound a bit eyebrow raising on how she was examining his foot?

Really?

"

Well it now becomes clear why this 20 year old story has come to light. Part of a law suit. And as I said, and was mentioned again, how is it that a professional examining a foot gets herself into a position that a naked patient can drop his ass on her face?

As to what I would tell a woman in my life if what this woman claims actually happened? I would tell her, do not accept hush money. If it happened and you were assaulted then do something about it then, not twenty years later. Righteous indignation should not be for sale.

The woman involved is responsible for participating sweeping this under the rub. So it is not surprising that some believe that if she did not take it serious enough to do something about it at the time. Why was that. There are lots of explanations and a big one it that it did not really happen the way she said it did.

Take the money and shut up is what she chose. If her indignation is for sale, then doubt is in the air. You choose to believe her story, I choose to believe her actions. She took the money and agreed to say nothing more. Then she took the money again. And this story is now revealed again just as a law suit is being filed. I guess there is money to be made again.

I asked a friend who is an MD about this. She was a bit confused, on how Dr. Naughrigh got a face full of ass, especially if she was examining his foot like she is stating. Was she on her back looking up? If not, was she crouched down on the floor to look at his foot, and if so, was he straddling her head? Why would she put herself in that position? Was he sitting on a bench, if so, shouldn't she have noticed when he got up to teabag/etc her? was it wrong for manning to have done that? very much yes.. but my friend is just very confuzzled on the acrobatic contortions Dr. Naughrigh or Manning must have accomplished for that act to happen if she was being a safe and positional minded dr.

I know there are other Drs on this site, doesn't it sound a bit eyebrow raising on how she was examining his foot?

Well it now becomes clear why this 20 year old story has come to light. Part of a law suit. And as I said, and was mentioned again, how is it that a professional examining a foot gets herself into a position that a naked patient can drop his ass on her face?

As to what I would tell a woman in my life if what this woman claims actually happened? I would tell her, do not accept hush money. If it happened and you were assaulted then do something about it then, not twenty years later. Righteous indignation should not be for sale.

The woman involved is responsible for participating sweeping this under the rub. So it is not surprising that some believe that if she did not take it serious enough to do something about it at the time. Why was that. There are lots of explanations and a big one it that it did not really happen the way she said it did.

Take the money and shut up is what she chose. If her indignation is for sale, then doubt is in the air. You choose to believe her story, I choose to believe her actions. She took the money and agreed to say nothing more. Then she took the money again. And this story is now revealed again just as a law suit is being filed. I guess there is money to be made again.

Let's ask Dr. Unicorn.

• 4 weeks later...

At the risk of reigniting this controversy, here's something I saved but never got around to posting (whee, I'm clearing out my e-mail inbox):

The real takeaway from the Manning story is rape culture in sports - a Twitter thread with links to reporting on this topic.

The incident in question was witnessed by another athlete, who has said he told Manning he should apologize to Dr. Naughtright. I don't know if his description of the incident is publicly available, but that sure sounds like he took what he witnessed more seriously than Manning or Naughright's boss, who wanted to sweep it under the rug, did. There was a complaint, a puny punishment, a lawsuit and a settlement; then, after Dr. Naughtright had gone on with her life and relocated, Manning's book came out in which he described the incident despite a settlement term requiring confidentiality, word was spread at the campus where Dr. Naughtright worked that she was the person mentioned in Manning's book, her evaluations went from stellar to terrible, and she left. Then there was another lawsuit about his violation of the prior settlement agreement.

No, what Manning did was not the worst an athlete has done to a woman because he's an athlete, but that doesn't make it okay, especially considering that Manning doesn't believe in equal rights for women, as evidenced by his "women shouldn't report on men's athletics" (which is what "women don't belong in the locker room" amounts to) and "in the past, women knew better" (i.e., women stayed in their place) and his lack of respect for an agreement he made with a woman. He wants the protection the settlement agreement gives him, but not the protection it gave her.

At the risk of reigniting this controversy, here's something I saved but never got around to posting (whee, I'm clearing out my e-mail inbox):

The real takeaway from the Manning story is rape culture in sports - a Twitter thread with links to reporting on this topic.

The incident in question was witnessed by another athlete, who has said he told Manning he should apologize to Dr. Naughtright. I don't know if his description of the incident is publicly available, but that sure sounds like he took what he witnessed more seriously than Manning or Naughright's boss, who wanted to sweep it under the rug, did. There was a complaint, a puny punishment, a lawsuit and a settlement; then, after Dr. Naughtright had gone on with her life and relocated, Manning's book came out in which he described the incident despite a settlement term requiring confidentiality, word was spread at the campus where Dr. Naughtright worked that she was the person mentioned in Manning's book, her evaluations went from stellar to terrible, and she left. Then there was another lawsuit about his violation of the prior settlement agreement.

No, what Manning did was not the worst an athlete has done to a woman because he's an athlete, but that doesn't make it okay, especially considering that Manning doesn't believe in equal rights for women, as evidenced by his "women shouldn't report on men's athletics" (which is what "women don't belong in the locker room" amounts to) and "in the past, women knew better" (i.e., women stayed in their place) and his lack of respect for an agreement he made with a woman. He wants the protection the settlement agreement gives him, but not the protection it gave her.

Exactly!

But "women shouldn't report on men's athletics" it's nothing but an old fashioned opinion. The fact that so many athletes all over the country get away with rape it's a sad consequence of colleges allowing that culture to keep going.

I'm sure TN is a state where you can "stand your ground" or something like that, when is one of this women going shoot a quarterback who happened to get a NO for the first time in the year and couldn't stand it.

This should be the main story but as the OP and a supporter of a "SPORTS FORUM" I'm sure Peyton Manning is a catchy way to start a thread.

A new lawsuit alleges Tennessee football players threatened a teammate after he allegedly assisted a woman who accused linebacker A.J. Johnson and defensive back Michael Williams of rape in November 2014.

Johnson and Williams, who are facing criminal trial in Knoxville, have pleaded not guilty to aggravated rape charges. They claim their encounter with the unnamed accuser, at a Knoxville apartment, was consensual.

The new civil suit, filed in Nashville federal court, is filed on behalf of six unnamed female students at the University of Tennessee, five of whom claim to have been sexually assaulted while attending the school.

The suit claims UT wide receiver Drae Bowles faced retaliation from teammates after driving an alleged rape victim to the hospital and supporting her decision to report the incident. According to the complaint, two players were seen “jumping” Bowles in a cafeteria as athletic coaches were present two days after the incident.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/tennessee-football-rape-scandal-takes-turn-latest-suit-article-1.2527669

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/u-tennessee-athletes-beat-temmate-sex-assault-case-article-1.2526638

One more thing, the accused player happens to be black but this kind of "date rape" is more common to happen when women engage with white players/Jocks.

Date rapes are also known as "no means no, say no more often" cases in the hook up culture of colleges were women smile or flirt too much and they give up their right to say no, sad and sickening but true.

Three words: Duke Lacrosse team.

So far at least, we don't know what actually happened.

We do know that certain aspects of the woman's version are suspect. We do know she had a large financial incentive to embellish.

We also have a fair bit of evidence that Manning disliked women, even reporters, roaming around in the locker room. Given that he was around 20 & was raised by two church going, small town Mississippi bred parents he was very close to, is this so surprising?

We also know that he has never been accused of rape. Period. So let's not get all worked up by throwing the actions of Tn. football players that occurred decades later into the mix.

We do know that certain aspects of the woman's version are suspect. We do know she had a large financial incentive to embellish.

We also have a fair bit of evidence that Manning disliked women, even reporters, roaming around in the locker room. Given that he was around 20 & was raised by two church going, small town Mississippi bred parents he was very close to, is this so surprising?

We also know that he has never been accused of rape. Period. So let's not get all worked up by throwing the actions of Tn. football players that occurred decades later into the mix.

Your random collection of unrelated or irrelevant counter-arguments illustrates the problem well.

• There's an unrelated example of wrongly accused college athletes that we should consider
  • Minor inconsistencies can be used to weaken an accuser's case
  • While the accuser's twice-destroyed career might be ignored, financial compensation can be viewed as an ulterior motive.
  • Southern boys will be Southern boys
  • Manning didn't rape anyone so the common systemic dismissal of accusations, protection of the accused as valued assets, and tacit validation of unacceptable behavior on the part of UT administration should not be considered common between the two cases

...Given that he was around 20 & was raised by two church going, small town Mississippi bred parents he was very close to, is this so surprising?...

Actually, it is surprising. I would think church-going people would do a better job at raising their children to be respectful of others. Obviously, what was discussed in church did not rub off.

Since English is not my first language I had to enter your text on the English to Dumb translator so I could understand it better.

This is what the translator gave me:

"Women are sluts and liars. Nobody can trust a woman, especially when they are accusing a great sports man.

Also, well of course he is an asshole because his parents were churchy... so it's fine that he behaves that way.

I was not there and didn't see sexual abuse, neither were you... all we have is a gold digger whore's accusation...

but she's a woman, so who cares! Pass the beer."

Isn't technology wondrous!

No longer dumb people like me will go without getting the gist of what people say.

I had to enter your text on the English to Dumb translator so I could understand it better.

Isn't technology wondrous!

Amazing, just downloaded it. Meaning is often lost as English crosses oceans (Atlantic as well as the Pacific) so I hope it helps there as well.

I live near Indianapolis, and while I'm not a big football fan, I had a lot of admiration for Peyton. The reports about this incident were very disappointing. But even if one assumes the worst of Peyton, it sounds like an arrogant jock who did something stupid while he was a stupid kid. Recounting the incident in the book in a way in which people could make the connection with the alleged victim seems even stupider, especially on the part of the ghost writer, editors, and publisher.

All that said, I have to say I did some pretty stupid and obnoxious things when I was a college kid, and I wasn't being fawned over as a great hero in sports culture. There are a number of adults I admire who did really stupid things in college.

None of this excuses Peyton or the dark side of sports culture in general. What I take some comfort in is that as far as I know there are no allegations that point to this once incident, whatever happened, being part of an ongoing pattern on Manning's part.

Archived