Most revered Canadian?

This topic is 3124 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, Céline Dion had an Order of Canada. Much the same as Order of Australia awards and the various imperial honours (medals, members and officers of the order of the British Empire - BEM, MBE and OBE), things that Commonwealth countries seem to have, but of which the US has no equivalent. They are public recognition of worthy service but they don't indicate national adulation in any way. They also do not indicate that the recipients are any sort of national hero. The mindset on the two sides of the 49th parallel is clearly different.

I find CD's voice unlistenable. The vibrato is tighter than virgin ass (and not in the good way), the timbre is as annoying as sand in lube and her high notes could drop bats from the sky. Other than that, I'm sure she's lovely. ;)

Well, I wouldn't say that the US has no equivalent civilian honors. They just don't, of course, offer knighthood, dame-hood, or membership of the British Empire, since we're a republic, not a kingdom or member of an empire. Here's a list of civilian honors bestowed by the US government, the highest being the Presidential Medal of Freedom (from the Executive branch) and the Congressional Gold Medal (from the Legislative branch). Of course, none of these honors gives the recipient knighthood, peerage, or any other title of nobility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awards_and_decorations_of_the_United_States_government

Everyone is entitled to his opinion regarding Ms. Dion's voice. Given her sales, however, I think probably more people agree with my opinion than with amused1's (not that there's anything wrong with a personal opinion).

Celine... I have to admit that my opinion of her is greatly influenced by first trips to Montreal. Dancers at the clubs always do two songs. The first is faster and they don't get naked. The second is slow and entirely naked. I can't tell you how many times I watched a hot, muscular, naked, fully erect French-Canadian, Quebecker stud do his slow song to Celine Dion. And then of course, there were the times when my dancer crush for the evening got exceptionally friendly with me in the back -- all with Celine singing in the background.

Fuck, those Montreal strippers have to be really fucking amazing if they can make anyone feel turned on even in spite of Madame Dionne's bone killing powers.

Hats off to you, mes amis!

I will confess that Dion's earliest work, in French, is not as ear splattering and gut heaving as her work in English. Maybe the combo of that and Quebec dick works miracles.

Juan, I'm still aligned with you. :).

Celine... I have to admit that my opinion of her is greatly influenced by first trips to Montreal. Dancers at the clubs always do two songs. The first is faster and they don't get naked. The second is slow and entirely naked. I can't tell you how many times I watched a hot, muscular, naked, fully erect French-Canadian, Quebecker stud do his slow song to Celine Dion. And then of course, there were the times when my dancer crush for the evening got exceptionally friendly with me in the back -- all with Celine singing in the background.

I remember when Titanic came out. A supposed straight guy popped it in the cd player in his truck.. then we got super busy rocking that ford lol.. then I learned later he did the same thing to one of my friendgirls. We had a big laugh and compared things about him.. Ahhh fond memories of him

Although, I have to admit, I am with the minority in finding Adele's voice annoying. So, here's to minority opinions.

"Rolling in the Deep" impressed me, but I don't care much for "Hello," and her performance at the Grammys was godawful.

In general, I don't care for white girls who try to sing blues. Either they strain their voices or their tone is too thin.

Archived