If Congress let you choose the next national holiday, what would it be?

geminibear
This topic is 3162 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
St. Patrick's Day - - - it breaks up the long stretch between President's Day and Memorial Day. And it is a day for beer! Plus for Gemini, it often coincides with the start of the NCAA basketball tournament.

I like this idea! If they would cut Spring Training a few weeks early and have Opening Day on St. Patrick's Day, that would be even better.

Both good ideas. Put your thinking caps on and come up with a combined amendment for the legislation. ;)

How about Harvey Milk Day (5/22)? Or maybe Cesar Chavez Day (3/31)? We certainly need a holiday between President's Day and Memorial Day. Here is the US we don't get Easter Monday or Good Friday.

I am from an antiquated profession in an even more antiquated industry so I do enjoy having the Good Friday Holiday off work. It is a pleasant perk. Thanks Easter Bunny, bawk bawk :cool:

It's even worse than that just not being at home. This year, half of each league is starting the season with inter-league play on opening day.

Disgusting believe me. :mad:

I would choose the day after the Superbowl of course.

Second choice is Opening Day of Baseball. All you technocrats don't get your panties in a knot. I understand that only half the teams have home stands on opening day. Every opposite year your team would be at home. Nothing better than a Friday afternoon in April sitting in a sports bar patio watching your team away from home and enjoying all the eye candy of the bar crowd.

Anybody want a sports forum? :)

Make a new friend or ten - Because March 15th (the Ides of March) will be National Give a Stranger a Prostate Massage/Exam Day!!!! SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived