Trumpism (Xenophobia) in the U.K. brave Brits stand up to a bully in a train.

marylander1940
This topic is 3115 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-9zG9RMpwY

Published on Mar 6, 2016

Brilliant moment furious passengers deal with man 'abusing Spanish visitors on tram' caught on camera

See brilliant moment Mancunians stand up to an abusive tram passenger

Passengers deal with man 'abusing Spanish visitors on tram' in brilliant fashion

The man allegedly launched a tirade at the two Spaniards - but found himself in the minority when locals intervened

This is the moment furious passengers unite to deal with a man allegedly abusing foreign visitors on a tram in Manchester.

Video footage shows a man, in a grey hoodie and blue jeans, being confronted about his behaviour.

Witnesses told the Manchester Evening News he told a Spanish couple to ‘speak English’, and to ‘go back to their own country’.

On the recording we hear one fellow passenger tackle the man about his comments, before the man replies with a question about his challenger’s ethnicity and sexual orientation.

Unfortunately I couldn't create a tag:

I created the tag MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS, I think it would be popular when it comes to cultural wars, homophobia, the GOP and other issues on here...

I applaud the actions in the train video. Unfortunately if people did the same thing in the United States they are likely to get shot. For over seven years FOX, the WSJ and countless others have been stoking people up. And now we have the new head of the GOP (Trump) sending a clear message that racism, intolerance and violence is ok and essentially encouraged. Even with the 300 million plus guns in the US I'd still stand up if someone was being bullied. But then I am more intolerant of bullies than concerned of being shot.

I was raised that the worst think one can say about a white person is that they are white trash. The young ladies in the restaurant are.

As for speaking English, I've traveled to other countries extensively. I've always been impressed with how patient locals are that I can barely speak another language. I've never encountered any hostility and its unfortunate we have people here in the US that feel so oppressed they need to openly disrespect and challenge someone who is speaking another language.

The time is here when we will all have to speak out against bullying and other forms of injustice. That old saw that "those who are not a part of the solution are part of the problem" was never truer, and it is how fascists take control. If you don't speak up for your neighbor today, who will speak up when they come for you tomorrow?

Archived