IHG nightmares.

Brian Kevin
This topic is 3097 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You will be welcomed with open arms to the Marriott family. They have treated me very well. I just booked my room for my next NYC trip and price matched with their Look No Further guarantee. Gave me the lower room rate plus an additional 25% off the room rate.

Marriott won't match your status but they will let you do a challenge. The platinum challenge is fairly tough but the Gold one is very manageable.

A lot of people hate on Bank of America but their policies for resolving claims and disputes is absolutely amazing. American Express, Bank of America and Citi Bank are all at the top of the list when it comes to disputes. Chase in my opinion is one of the worst when it comes to that.

I guarantee you the front desk person in Atlanta was running a scam where he took the normal deposit as required by card but also doing another one on top of that as cash where he just pocketed it. Always refuse and place on the credit card. When in doubt, always ask for a manager. You're the one with elite status and it does come with some power, don't be afraid to use it.

*snaps* preach. Im gonna try Marriot and the Westin chain for now and see who surpasses my wants and needs. I'm easy to please. I have 1 rule-- Leave me alone! LOL

I have 1 rule-- Leave me alone! LOL
Or if you are with a client "Leave us alone!"

Nothing like being tied to a bed and the maid prances in not knowing that there was a late checkout involved. LOL! Of course when something like that happens you don't exactly complain to management! Still in the final analysis hotel employees have seen it all!

Interesting conversation. I had gold status with SPG and Hilton and platinum with IHG for many years. Of the three, I find the least benefit with SPG. They're the hardest to redeem points with. I always use points when I go to Manhattan, and haven't been able to use SPG points for hotels there (or other desirable places), but can easily stay at an InterContinental or Hilton family hotel. Also, at SPG hotels, I often don't even get a marginally better room (I don't expect an upgrade to a suite, but at least the half of the hotel not facing the freeway would be nice), whereas I do get better rooms and treatment at the other two facilities. I always get free breakfasts at HHonors/Hilton hotels, and often at IHG, but never at SPG hotels. I wasn't even allowed a 1:30 PM checkout at the last Sheraton I stayed in January (gold status supposedly entitles the member to a 3 PM check-out). I still have gold status with them, but am thinking of letting that status expire. Also, IHG and Hilton each have many more property locations than SPG, especially here in California. If you travel to more than just the usual places, there often aren't any nearby SPG hotels.

Archived