An athlete is going to jail for rape? April Fools?

marylander1940
This topic is 1825 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. I've read reports of him being a bully and homophobic in high school. It all falls into a clear pattern of a personality that gets off on power and "winning at any cost." Sadly, he'll probably do it again because he and his support network haven't learned anything from his crimes. I hope his next victim is strong enough to standup too or better yet, fight back and beat some sense into him.

I would hope she has a knife and removes the offending portion of his anatomy, but then she would spend years in prison.

I would hope she has a knife and removes the offending portion of his anatomy, but then she would spend years in prison.

Well, Lorena Bobbitt was acquitted of severing her hubby's wang. She later punched her mother and was acquitted of that, too. Another example that if you don't let sociopaths know that their behavior is unacceptable, they'll do it again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt

• 4 weeks later...

I would rather see the judge recalled and the definition of rape anended to include all nonconsensual penetration, including that which occurs when the victim is unconscious.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Brock Turner appeals sexual assault conviction

A former Stanford swimmer whose light sentence for sexually assaulting an unconscious woman outside an on-campus fraternity party drew widespread contempt is appealing his conviction on grounds including prosecutorial misconduct. In a 172-page brief filed Friday in the Sixth District Court of Appeal, Brock Turner also takes aim at embattled Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky for not instructing jurors to consider lesser criminal charges in their deliberations and excluding testimony from character witnesses that might have otherwise convinced them Turner was actually telling the truth when he claimed the sexual contact was consensual. Persky’s decision to sentence ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/ec660341-e14c-307f-9b88-5baadbff2649/ss_brock-turner-appeals-sexual.html

Op note: this sounds like a joke but it ain't. It amazes me that he spent just a few months for what he did. One more thing if the 2 guys who caught him raping that girl had been Americans instead of Swedish exchange students they would have join him. I guess they weren't aware of out rape culture in colleges.

I knew trash like him in college. Absolute scum that think they're untouchable.

and they are very likely to get away with rape. Even if they get a bad reputation there are always girls so naïve who think the jocks will behave with them like a gentlemen with them because the are so cute and not like those Mexican rapists Trump warns us about.

I knew trash like him in college. Absolute scum that think they're untouchable.

Let's not forget the scumbag judge. He tried to get the courts to block gathering signatures for his recall, and seems to be failing in that effort:

"An appeals court Friday denied Judge Aaron Persky’s request to immediately block recall proponents from collecting the signatures necessary to put his ouster on the June ballot."

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/12/01/appeals-court-rejects-judge-perskys-bid-to-stop-recall-election/

• 6 months later...

Northern California voters on Tuesday recalled a judge from office after he sentenced a former Stanford University swimmer convicted of sexual assault to a short jail sentence instead of prison.

Voters opted to oust Santa Clara County Judge Aaron Persky. The judge was targeted for recall in June 2016 shortly after he sentenced Brock Turner to six months in jail for sexually assaulting a young woman outside a fraternity house on campus. Prosecutors argued for a 7-year prison sentence.

Turner is also required to register for life as a sex offender. He was released from jail for good behavior after serving three months. He now lives with his parents near Dayton, Ohio.

The judge was following a recommendation from the county probation department, and the California Commission on Judicial Performance ruled that he handled the case legally.

“Instead of taking time to heal, I was taking time to recall the night in excruciating detail, in order to prepare for the attorney’s questions that would be invasive, aggressive, and designed to steer me off course, to contradict myself, my sister, phrased in ways to manipulate my answers,” she read.

Citing judicial ethics, Persky has declined to discuss the case in detail because Turner has appealed. But Persky told The Associated Press in an interview that he has no regrets over how he handled the case or his courtroom.

Early returns showed Santa Clara County assistant district attorney Cindy Seeley Hendrickson leading in the race to replace the judge.

• 1 year later...

Chanel Miller, woman sexually assaulted by Brock Turner, speaks out in first interview

Miller said some commenters questioned why she was so intoxicated that night. (OP note: some in this forum also criticized her)

“Rape is not a punishment for getting drunk,” she told "60 Minutes." “We have this really sick mindset in our culture as if you deserve rape if you drink to excess. You deserve a hangover, a really bad hangover, but you don’t deserve to have somebody insert their body parts inside of you.”

Edited by marylander1940