Rude clients

amused1
This topic is 3069 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a great thread...You all sound like lovely people...:eek:

Annie, I doubt anyone would be Rude to you ??? Your Blue pout is just too captivating....

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/553e51efe4b0b33920a61314/55df2d10e4b0ddb47c7382b1/55df2d11e4b040ca1da1a6eb/1440689425713/Campbell+Soup+Shirt.jpg

First off, thanks for the replies. Now, regarding those replies (in a general fashion):

I walk many potential clients out the door early on in the process.

If I take a client, I deliver the service 110%. Sorry Greg, no stale decaf here.

If clients are challenged by the tax authorities, I defend my work at a reasonable rate.

For deeply complex clients I print out the appropriate tax codes and provide a summary of my process. (Hey, I could get hit by a car before they get the inquiry letter.

My pricing is a hybrid based upon complexity, time required, audit risk and overhead expenses. Kevin Slater might actually envy my actuarials and spreadsheets. (No, I'm not the cheapest, but not the most expensive in my market either.)

If I give an estimate, I make it clear that it's an estimate. If I dig into a new client's situation and feel my estimate is off, I tell them and revise my estimate.

Existing clients get free tax planning consults if his or her situation changes during the year.

I love the fact that fellow forum members managed to bring pix of naked men into the fray.

I love saving clients 10s of 1000's of $s when they deserve it and hate doing the same for those who don't. But, I still do it because it's legal and my job.

Where can I order up a couple of those hot bartenders?

Next week at this time I plan on lapsing into a week long coma with a booze IV. :)

Archived