Better strip clubs NYC or Miami/FT Lauderdale?

joselowe
This topic is 2826 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just curious but for those who have been to strip clubs in both cities which one has the best strip clubs overall?

So far I've only been to the New York City ones but I've read great things on here from others about Floppy Rooster, Boardwalk and a few others

Just curious but for those who have been to strip clubs in both cities which one has the best strip clubs overall?

Answer: Neither. They're both pretty lame. When it comes to strip clubs, NYC is (to quote Newton Minow) a vast wasteland. It's been that way ever since the close of the Gaiety Theatre back in 2005. Despite the valiant efforts of both Tim and BuffDaddy, none of their events will ever come close to replicating what the strip club scene was like in Gotham's pre-Giuliani, halcyon days of the 80's and 90's. Bozo has nothing but fond memories of the wild times spent as a young innocent clown at the Gaiety, Show Palace, Eros, Adonis, Cats, Stella's, etc. (for details, read Bozo's autobiography - available in paperback on Amazon.com). Ditto to Fort Lauderdale, especially since the closing of Swinging Richards. Boardwalk Bar in Wilton Manors is an overcrowded, smoke-filled dump. The overwhelming majority of its dancers are unattractive and aggressive. It seems that management allows any kid to walk in off the street and dance there as long as he has a pulse and is willing to pay the house fee. Also, the drinks are waaaay overpriced. Floppy Rooster, located in Hialeah, in the middle of nowhere, is even worse. Add to that, the unbelievable fact that smoking is permitted at both bars!! Why gay men can't sit in a bar for an hour or two without lighting up cigarette after cigarette (disproportionately to our straight counterparts, btw) is a topic for another thread. Why the state of Florida allows this, with all that is known about the dangers of second-hand smoke, is a topic for a third thread.

For the best strip club experience, you will need to head north to Canada. Clubs at both Montreal (Stock Bar, Campus, Adonis and Lux) and Toronto (Remington's Men of Steel and Flash on Church) offer a much more "chill" (and smoke-free) environment. They are larger and far more elegant, the prices are better (even before the 30% exchange rate differential is factored in), the boys are more attractive (yeah, I know that's subjective), and less aggressive. Also, the Canadian cities are cleaner and much safer than most US large cities. And if it makes a difference to you, the dancers perform nude at the clubs in Canada, not so for Fort Lauderdale and NYC (except for Tim's monthly nude party which is held in a very unappealing, germ-filled, Chelsea dungeon).

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tz0O2rEUhWw/R1WArUclmdI/AAAAAAAAAA8/-Y6jH0Guyrs/s400/1.png

Bozo

I'm shocked you guys don't like the NYC strip club scene...I actually love Monster Bar and the Spunk dancers...I have to agree about Adonis, pretty whack aggressive dancers and horrible lapdance area. But Spunk is amazing.

I agree with Bozo about Montreal having the best Gay Male Strip clubs. The US strip clubs can't compete with the strip clubs in Montreal (quality of dancers, facility, stage, etc..). I dont know about the clubs in Toronto because I have never been to Toronto.

Montreal (especially in the summer) is hands down the best of the 3 cities. In part because the dancers are naked on stage. Boardwalk is tons of fun too! And, despite Bozo's description of the men (I think he needs an optometrist) those South Florida men are smoking HOT.

I've never been to the Gaiety so i cannot compare it to anything. But even so that doesn't make the scene in NYC or Ft Lauderdale and Miami bad. I was just in NYC for Adonis @ Fairytale last week. The bar is small the drinks are pricey some dancers are aggressive but I know how to say I'm not interested. I always find someone attractive here and I always have a good time with the dancers and talking to others. The private dance area is lame (a curtained off area along the street) but it works and doesn't stop the dancers from offering their goods. It is nice that smoking is not allowed in NYC. And when your hotel room is nearby it's easy to meet up with someone you like.

I was in Ft Lauderdale in January. I enjoyed both Boardwalk and LeBoy. There are a lot of muscular dancers are Boardwalk and i find many of them very attractive. Yes the bar is smoky as are almost all bars in Florida. Do we really care that the place is not plush and pretty? I've had some awesome privates here and personal times with several dancers. The new policy of paying to use the private area is troublesome, mostly because this is money that should go to the dancer but the club does need to make money too. There are some pushy dancers here but you can just say no!

Leboy dancers tend to be much younger than the Boardwalk ones. In January there were several younger muscled guys there to offset the twink guys. I like it here because it is more of a dance club atmosphere. I don't really like the dance menu that was being used in January. It was over $100 for a short private dance. So you really needed to scope out a dancer ahead of time before you considered taking him for a private. I will say that many of the younger twink dancers were very friendly and great to talk to. I enjoyed it here and stayed until closing a couple nights in January.

I haven't been to South Beach in a couple years but i would say that the most aggressive dancers are at Twist. It's crowded here with many dancers and no private area. The private dances take place right out in the open in the bar. I think this helps the aggressiveness because the can corner you and almost force you into a private dance.

I have been to Montreal, both Stock and Campus. I had a really great night here. Stock is a huge place perhaps the nicest of all the above places. I would love to go back to Montreal but I am in NYC and Florida more often.

I've never been to the Gaiety so i cannot compare it to anything. But even so that doesn't make the scene in NYC or Ft Lauderdale and Miami bad. I was just in NYC for Adonis @ Fairytale last week. The bar is small the drinks are pricey some dancers are aggressive but I know how to say I'm not interested. I always find someone attractive here and I always have a good time with the dancers and talking to others. The private dance area is lame (a curtained off area along the street) but it works and doesn't stop the dancers from offering their goods. It is nice that smoking is not allowed in NYC. And when your hotel room is nearby it's easy to meet up with someone you like.

I was in Ft Lauderdale in January. I enjoyed both Boardwalk and LeBoy. There are a lot of muscular dancers are Boardwalk and i find many of them very attractive. Yes the bar is smoky as are almost all bars in Florida. Do we really care that the place is not plush and pretty? I've had some awesome privates here and personal times with several dancers. The new policy of paying to use the private area is troublesome, mostly because this is money that should go to the dancer but the club does need to make money too. There are some pushy dancers here but you can just say no!

Leboy dancers tend to be much younger than the Boardwalk ones. In January there were several younger muscled guys there to offset the twink guys. I like it here because it is more of a dance club atmosphere. I don't really like the dance menu that was being used in January. It was over $100 for a short private dance. So you really needed to scope out a dancer ahead of time before you considered taking him for a private. I will say that many of the younger twink dancers were very friendly and great to talk to. I enjoyed it here and stayed until closing a couple nights in January.

I haven't been to South Beach in a couple years but i would say that the most aggressive dancers are at Twist. It's crowded here with many dancers and no private area. The private dances take place right out in the open in the bar. I think this helps the aggressiveness because the can corner you and almost force you into a private dance.

I have been to Montreal, both Stock and Campus. I had a really great night here. Stock is a huge place perhaps the nicest of all the above places. I would love to go back to Montreal but I am in NYC and Florida more often.

Wow thanks for the information! Very helpful! I also sent a PM

It's true that Twist in South Beach doesn't have a good set up for privates (plus its an expensive bar for drinks), but Twist does have THE hottest dancers of any of the places mentioned, in NYC or FL.

• 4 months later...
I'm shocked you guys don't like the NYC strip club scene...I actually love Monster Bar and the Spunk dancers...I have to agree about Adonis, pretty whack aggressive dancers and horrible lapdance area. But Spunk is amazing.

I really don't like the NYC scene. I feel like the dancer/models are pretty bad, of all the people in Manhattan it seems they have the worst looking guys in the island.

The crowd is also very hit or miss. I can't believe how many weekends I've been to where there was no one under 50 years old in Monster. The other bars are just weak and only have their regulars.

Archived