Queen's Cousin Comes Out As The First Openly Gay Royal

marylander1940
This topic is 2889 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Queen's Cousin Comes Out As The First Openly Gay Royal

Lord Ivar Mountbatten, a cousin of Queen Elizabeth II, has become the first member of the extended British royal family to come out as gay. The 53-year-old, who has three children with his ex-wife, Penny Thompson, found love with a man he met during a ski trip, he told London’s Mail on Sunday. “I am a lot happier now, though I am still not 100 percent comfortable with being gay,” he said. “’Coming out’ is such a funny phrase but it’s what I suppose I did in a rather roundabout way, emerging to a place I’m happy to be,” he told the outlet. “I have struggled with my sexuality and in some ways I still do; it has been a real journey to reach this point.” Mountbatten, who is the son of the 3rd Marquess

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/4b7d01fc-6290-3eeb-a9a8-bd5f4c941f13/ss_queen's-cousin-comes-out.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Ivar_Mountbatten

Interesting that he is from the extended family - wonder how many more there are in that category. What is always interesting are the hints of the major and minor royals in the inner circle being curious, bi or even gay! There are so many bi rumours about Edward, especially before he married (story goes Elizabeth actually made them live together for quite a while before they actually married), Andrew and more recently even Harry (who I figure is prolly a trysexual - who tries whatever whenever!) Any other opinions?

Interesting that he is from the extended family - wonder how many more there are in that category. What is always interesting are the hints of the major and minor royals in the inner circle being curious, bi or even gay! There are so many bi rumours about Edward, especially before he married (story goes Elizabeth actually made them live together for quite a while before they actually married), Andrew and more recently even Harry (who I figure is prolly a trysexual - who tries whatever whenever!) Any other opinions?

I think Harry fucks whatever he can as long as he's not too drunk, his uncle Andrew likes them young... very young girls....

Royals unfortunately have DUTIES that transcend any sexual interests and they must marry, make babies and pretend to be what the public wants them to be.

A whole lot of gay guys could make a similar statement about themselves.

Mostly they aren't nearly so well compensated as the royals.

Prince Edward was known as "Dockside Dolly" when he was younger because of his taste for Rough Navy Seamen. Royals unfortunately have DUTIES that transcend any sexual interests and they must marry, make babies and pretend to be what the public wants them to be.

one of my buddies worked in nyc for Andrew Lloyd Webber while Andrew was hanging around at the time. he said there was no doubt at all about his incredible same sex attraction, something that has been gossiped about all over the place. I really feel sorry for him, especially given his mother's apparent total sympathy for him.

It ain't like there's any shortage of English royalty who had a thing for same sex bedmates. https://notaparticularlygreatdancer.wordpress.com/2011/05/04/gay-monarchs-of-the-united-kingdom/

OP's headline is a bit of click bait, IMHO.

Queen Elizabeth's uncle, the Duke of Kent (also a Prince Edward) reportedly had an affair with Noel Coward before he was killed in WWII.

Prince Edward was known as "Dockside Dolly" when he was younger because of his taste for Rough Navy Seamen. Royals unfortunately have DUTIES that transcend any sexual interests and they must marry, make babies and pretend to be what the public wants them to be.

Do you mean the Earl of Wessex? And, interestingly, he's the only one of the Queen's 4 children whose marriage has lasted.

Do you mean the Earl of Wessex? And, interestingly, he's the only one of the Queen's 4 children whose marriage has lasted.

Yes. The Earl of Wessex. Rather an "open secret" around London, as he was somewhat of a fixture in the rough-trade gay bars back in his younger days. His marriage has definitely avoided the tabloids and outwardly seems solid....but then we don't really have any insights to any relationship until it goes bad and goes public. Then the dirty laundry is all hung out.

Queen Elizabeth's uncle, the Duke of Kent (also a Prince Edward) reportedly had an affair with Noel Coward before he was killed in WWII.

YES I was going to ask about him. (he was the baby of the fam of believe after Elizabeth's father and Duke of Windsor. He'd featured a lot in "fiction" ala the more recent continuation of Upstairs Downstairs, and always portrayed as somewhat sexually ambiguous (in a BridesHead Revisited way ) and always portrayed as a young looker. *didn't know he died so young.

YES I was going to ask about him. (he was the baby of the fam of believe after Elizabeth's father and Duke of Windsor. He'd featured a lot in "fiction" ala the more recent continuation of Upstairs Downstairs, and always portrayed as somewhat sexually ambiguous (in a BridesHead Revisited way ) and always portrayed as a young looker. *didn't know he died so young.

Killed in a plane crash during WW2. That's why the current Duke of Kent inherited his title at something like 3 years of age.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived