"The Real Versailles" BBC, 2016

marylander1940
This topic is 2851 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I watched yesterday but was not able to comment as it was a busy day. This is a fascinating program and very entertaining.

The king's brother Phillipe, Duke of Orleans, was notoriously bisexual at the minimum. His mother encouraged his feminine traits in order to prevent any threat to Louis XIV as monarch. It worked. The Duke had many gay lovers but the irony is he's also referred to as "the Grandfather of Europe." He was married twice and it's his children who were married off in strategic alliances. All of the Roman Catholic royal houses in Europe trace their lineage to Louis XIV's gay brother Phillipe.

I watched yesterday but was not able to comment as it was a busy day. This is a fascinating program and very entertaining.

The king's brother Phillipe, Duke of Orleans, was notoriously bisexual at the minimum. His mother encouraged his feminine traits in order to prevent any threat to Louis XIV as monarch. It worked. The Duke had many gay lovers but the irony is he's also referred to as "the Grandfather of Europe." He was married twice and it's his children who were married off in strategic alliances. All of the Roman Catholic royal houses in Europe trace their lineage to Louis XIV's gay brother Phillipe.

Right on!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orl%C3%A9anist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legitimists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infante_Jaime,_Duke_of_Segovia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlism

ADDICTED to it! (only 3 aired correct?? It stopped at Louis 16 no?? I keep checking my DVR thinking I'm missing it lol) So I guess that was it until the PBS series?? ps THIER version of the fates of Louis and Marie are a lil diff than what I've read ) or obvs seen in both old and newer movie versions. * I went there once WAYYYYY TOO young to appreciate it think I was 15 on a HS tour n was more concerned bout sneaking into bars in Paris than some old palace way outside the city. (what schmucks youth makes us o_O

Is BBC2 the channel airing it? I'm not sure I have it. Have to look in to it quickly.

If you have cable, just do a search for the series title and the channels that are authorized to run BBC2 material could be running Versailles. For example, I know for a fact that I don't have BBC2 at home, but I see some of their shows on a Arts channel called Ovation. Bon chance and Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!

• 1 month later...
So has anyone seen any more episodes?

I don't get it here in Punta and I'm livid!

Trying to find different ways to stream it. :(

Help!

The drama series is available on Amazon Prime and Netflix. I'm watching it on Ovation network as well as Amazon.

The documentaries are on Netflix if you want the background history.

The series has been renewed for a second season airing next year.

I hope this is helpful.

:)

The drama series is available on Amazon Prime and Netflix. I'm watching it on Ovation network as well as Amazon.

The documentaries are on Netflix if you want the background history.

The series has been renewed for a second season airing next year.

I hope this is helpful.

Could not find it on Netflix, and I no longer have Ovation. Could not figure out a streaming solution on Amazon,

but your great suggestion to look on Amazon yielded a DVD for season 1 - have to wait for a mid-december release date. My best friend is buying it as stocking stuffer! You are the man! THANK YOU! :):)

Archived