God Bless Rick Munroe

Lucky
This topic is 5575 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In an age of cynicsm and rancor, it is refreshing to see the idealism of young gay men such as Rick Munroe who continue to have a positive attitude and make positive contributions to this board. Although we may not always agree, I think his optimism can be very helpful in keeping a hopeful spirit alive in an age when so many let us down. Keep it up, Rick!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, Lucky.

All the sexiness aside, Rick is genuine. One can tell by his consistency with time that he is good to the core. I know that I very much appreciate his comments, I value his opinions, i look forward to his posts, and enjoy his humor...all in nice combinations. So, whatever motivated Lucky to bestow his blessings upon you, Rick...all I can say is Amen! (and hope someday you'll believe in God!)

>Wow; thanks for such a nice post, Lucky. I don't believe in

>God but I never turn down a blessing. :)

Gosh Rick...I thought just hearing Ethel Merman sing "God Bless America" would make you believe there was a God. And I thought you were an Ethel fan. ;-)

I've always read Rick's posts, and more often than not, enjoyed the humor he displayed. Often times his responses helped to diffuse what could have been a really nasty word war.

Just recently, I've come across his "social" postings and in my opinion they display a depth of knowledge and understanding that is not only refreshing but inspired as well.

Regardless of Rick's religious affiliation (or lack thereof), there's no doubt that either MY god, or someone else's god, has blessed him with a healthy outlook on life and an ASS that would make a horny nun jealous. Or, a well hung priest.

You decide.

hd NYC

Guest zipperzone

>Regardless of Rick's religious affiliation (or lack thereof),

>there's no doubt that either MY god, or someone else's god,

>has blessed him with a healthy outlook on life and an ASS that

>would make a horny nun jealous. Or, a well hung priest.

Careful now.... with your referances to god, nuns and priests, some of our more anal members will be hitting the alert button to get this topic assigned to the Politics, Relision and War forum!

>I thought just hearing Ethel Merman sing "God

>Bless America" would make you believe there was a God. And I

>thought you were an Ethel fan. ;-)

Well, since that song does not appear on her Disco Album, and since her Disco Album is the only Ethel Merman music I have ever listened to, then maybe that's the reason for my atheism. :p And btw, I am not an Ethel Merman fan; I am a fan of the bizarre, weird and bad. :)

Hey Mikel, as I said to Lucky above, thanks for your kind words. This is so cool not to have to wait for my funeral to hear such nice things said about me...especially from a Diana Ross fan (btw, did you get the 40th Anniversary CD of "Where Did Our Love Go" or any of the new MAC cosmetics line?). :)

>(and hope someday you'll believe in God!)

It's a funny thing...atheists don't usually tell others that they hope the other person will someday stop believing in God, but believers almost always tell atheists that it's a shame they don't believe or that they hope that someday they'll change their mind. I don't why that is, or why what someone believes or doesn't believe matters to anybody else... I'm not criticizing; it just perplexes me. I'm a happy, well-adjusted, caring person, and I know some religious people who are troubled, selfish, etc. I don't think believing or not believing makes one a better person or a happier person. Live and let live (I passionately hate clichés, but that's a good one).

>there's no doubt that either MY god, or someone else's god,

>has blessed him with a healthy outlook on life and an ASS that

>would make a horny nun jealous.

I can thank my parents for both my outlook and my physical ass-tributes. I do like to make fun of them, but that's because we're very close and I think of them as my friends as well as parents. One thing they imbued in me was a strong sense of empathy...in most situations (whether I'm in line at the supermarket or working out at the gym or in bed with a man), I put myself in the other person's place and try to feel what they are feeling, and treat them as I'd want to be treated. At the same time, I really appreciate honesty from others so that's also what I give. It all seems to work. :) Anyway, to you, too, HotDad, I say "Thanks."

>Or, a well hung priest.

Boy, could I tell you stories...Derek and I were hired by a priest IN A CHURCH once... }(

>I've decided Rick and I need to meet and have coffee.

I agree. I not only appreciate your brain (as Will -- a former poster here -- once said, it can be the sexiest part of a man) but after reading your reviews and learning that you apparently have the same über-deep-bottomless-gag-free-velvety-smooth cock-swallowing throat that I do (plus we're both nice Jewish boys), I think we'd have a lot in common.

We'll be in LA at the end of March. :)

I have to agree with all of your sentiments. I always read Rick's posts and I could not imagine what a desert this site would be without his input.

I appreciate his comments, often witty, on every subject that has come under discussion. I am thankful for his "heads up" postings about matters that are, or at least should be, of concern to all gay men! And I certainly appreciate his ability to defuse volatile threads on this site.

But above all, I appreciate how understanding/accepting that he is of all types of people and personalities. I thank him for all the privates and the responses to those privates. Just a fact, Rick is a beautiful person. :)

Nice buttocks...

Aside from that, what I find special about his posts are his self-effacing humor, humility, and sense of self.

I'd tried twice to meet him and professional responsibilities (mine) intervened. He was kind and gracious. (I will try again... without doubt.)

I am confused about his proclivity for doll-like 'chochkiss' (right word?) however.

>I am confused about his proclivity for doll-like 'chochkiss'

>(right word?) however.

Well, I just find certain celebrity dolls to be amusing, but what I love even more is to tell people about it because people don't expect a masculine guy like me to play with dolls. :p

By the way, it's "tchotchkes" (I love google). And thanks for the above post; I do hope we keep trying to get together.

Archived