New Miami club?

mikefl81
This topic is 2669 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was in Miami last week and was told by 3 different dancers about a new strip club in Miami. It was extremely difficult to get accurate and detailed information but was told it's somewhere in Miami off of I-95 and called Zyrcus (pronounced like "circus"). I could have the spelling wrong but there is a "z" somewhere in the name. I couldn't find anything when I googled but was told there the club had a page on Facebook (again, couldn't find it). One of the dancers also told me that Matt (I believe that his name), formerly of Swinging Richards, is or will be involved in the club.

Sorry for the lack of concrete details but has anyone heard anything about this place? Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this on facebook where there is a JohnsonsMiami page

From Dec 29 post:

Soon Zirkus Miami will switch to Johnsons Miami. Matt Colunga formally of Swinging Richards Atlanta, Miami and Pompano will be taking over the club in mid January. Come by and say hi to all your favorite entertainers. Stay tuned for more info. The new website is under construction. South Florida's largest and best gay male strip club. Full nude, alcohol, VIP lounge and rooms, shower scene, serving til 5am.

From post yesterday

Our website is currently under construction and will be up and ready before our re-grand opening and charity auction on January 20th.

Address/phone # noted on page:

728 Nw 78th st

Miami, Florida

(305) 742-5810

I received notice from Johnson's that they were planning on opening on the 13th with the grand opening on 20th, but they are still putting the finishing touches on the place. Since they are still tweaking their facility, the won't be opening on the 13th, but will be still be holding the grand opening on the 20th at 8pm. There will also be a charity auction, so bring lots of cash -- who knows what (or who) may be up for auction??!! And, there will be at least 30 dancers to welcome you.

It looks like the place is off I95, so its easier to get to than another club that is by the airport.

• 2 weeks later...

I attended the Grand Opening of Johnson's last night. So, here's a report:

I got there a little after 8pm. Place is easy to find, right off I95 exit 7 in Miami. The neighborhood is pretty scary, but the parking lot is very well lit, chain link fence, valet parking (which were 2 hot Latino men) and police security at the gate.

The doorman was Travis from the old Swinging Richards. He has been hitting the gym hard, and it shows!!! Entrance was $10, so very reasonable for a Friday night.

I got a seat, and there were lots of seats - which you won't find at Boardwalk or Floppy Rooster. I had a waiter, who was of course HOT. The bartending staff is INCREDIBLE! The back bar held the most muscled sexy stud!

The stage is in the middle of the floor and well lit, another big plus compared to Floppy Rooster. There is a back VIP section. For $10 you can sit at a private bar and watch a stud dance. You can also get lap dances and private rooms. Again, a lot better than the other places.

The dancers were hot, and who would have thought differently? Most were well muscled white guys with a mix of hot blooded Latinos. It was good to see a few of the Swinging Richards boys dancing. The time off did not hurt them, especially Nick, who has put some more thickness on his already perfect butt!!!

Spent some great time in the lap dance area. It is in the VIP area, but dark and private.

All in all, it was a great experience and well recommended. This is definitely the best place to see gorgeous men from entrance to leaving. The only draw back was it advertises nude dancing, but it took a long time before the main room dancers started peeling clothing off, but the dancer in the VIP was not as shy,LOL!

Even with the nudity snafu (which I was assured would be addressed or should I say undressed), Johnson's is the new gold standard by which all other Miami gay bars are to be measured against!!

I got there a little after 8pm. Place is easy to find, right off I95 exit 7 in Miami. The neighborhood is pretty scary, but the parking lot is very well lit, chain link fence, valet parking (which were 2 hot Latino men) and police security at the gate.

The doorman was Travis from the old Swinging Richards. He has been hitting the gym hard, and it shows!!! Entrance was $10, so very reasonable for a Friday night.

I got a seat, and there were lots of seats - which you won't find at Boardwalk or Floppy Rooster. I had a waiter, who was of course HOT. The bartending staff is INCREDIBLE! The back bar held the most muscled sexy stud!

The stage is in the middle of the floor and well lit, another big plus compared to Floppy Rooster. There is a back VIP section. For $10 you can sit at a private bar and watch a stud dance. You can also get lap dances and private rooms. Again, a lot better than the other places.

The dancers were hot, and who would have thought differently? Most were well muscled white guys with a mix of hot blooded Latinos. It was good to see a few of the Swinging Richards boys dancing. The time off did not hurt them, especially Nick, who has put some more thickness on his already perfect butt!!!

Spent some great time in the lap dance area. It is in the VIP area, but dark and private.

All in all, it was a great experience and well recommended. This is definitely the best place to see gorgeous men from entrance to leaving. The only draw back was it advertises nude dancing, but it took a long time before the main room dancers started peeling clothing off, but the dancer in the VIP was not as shy,LOL!

Even with the nudity snafu (which I was assured would be addressed or should I say undressed), Johnson's is the new gold standard by which all other Miami gay bars are to be measured against!!

Is Johnsons different from Zirkus?

Thanks for the great report! Just a couple of questions:

When you say it took a while for the dancers in the main room to strip, and you got there at 8:00, about what time did they get down to business?

Was the place full of women, or was it mostly a gay men crowd?

Thanks!

Thanks for the great report! Just a couple of questions:

When you say it took a while for the dancers in the main room to strip, and you got there at 8:00, about what time did they get down to business?

Was the place full of women, or was it mostly a gay men crowd?

Thanks!

Just thinking Dewey means it took them a long time to finally get naked during their stage time, not that they didn't start dancing until a ways after his 8pm arrival??

To answer your questions:

I left around 1am, and saw only about 4 or 5 women. They weren't annoying drunks like most of the women who go to gay clubs, lol.

As for the nudity, the guys started dancing by 9pm, but stripped only to their underwear. Around 10pm, the VIP room had a nude dancer. By the time I left, the main stage was starting to show some cock, but it seemed reluctantly.

I don't know why they were being so coy, especially since they all came from nude dancing clubs. I did notice the tipping seemed to dry up as the night progressed with no nudity.

The VIP room was better because they weren't so virginal.

I just chalk it up to opening night jitters.

Thanks dewey for the great opening night report. With any luck, Johnson's should be a worthy replacement to the shuttered Swinging Richards in Pompano and before that North Miami. Hope there is enough support by the S. Fla community, both permanent and tourist to keep the talent coming back.

Something appears to be going on. Matt Colunga, who I believe is manager at Johnsons just posted on facebook that he moved for the new club but that the club doesn't have all the correct licenses. Also says he is opening his own bar. Anybody know what's going on????

Interesting... Matt of Adonis LA included a picture/ad mentioning Johnsons' opening night and that some Adonis dancers would be participating. I emailed him back asking if the Adonis dancers would be regulars, and he responded that it was very short-lived experiment and that the owners were operating without proper licensing. I hadn't seen anything else until Matt Colunga's FB post. I really hope he opens a new club/bar!

According to the FB comments, Johnsons is still open and with gogo dancers. Does this mean the dancers can't get naked? Are the private rooms still available?

I'm quite surprised that Matt Colunga would have gotten involved with a strip club that didn't have the proper licenses in place. Aren't licenses and permits the first boxes to be checked before opening a club...especially a nude strip club? It all seems very odd to me.

I had high hopes and already was planning travel to Florida. Did Johnson's only operate as a naked club for one night? Anyone know?

I'm quite surprised that Matt Colunga would have gotten involved with a strip club that didn't have the proper licenses in place. Aren't licenses and permits the first boxes to be checked before opening a club...especially a nude strip club? It all seems very odd to me.

I had high hopes and already was planning travel to Florida. Did Johnson's only operate as a naked club for one night? Anyone know?

+1...Need info also. About to head there next week.

Archived