New Miami club?

mikefl81
This topic is 2669 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if the lack of proper licensing explains @dewey66 's report (on page 1 of this thread) that they were reluctant to get entirely naked during his visit

I was wondering the same thing. No licenses yet? No wonder Matt ditched the place. So in other words, if you go to the new Johnsons Miami, you have to keep an eye on the door because the place could get raided by the cops at any given moment. Wow, no thanks.

Tis very strange indeed. Ad is up on Facebook, and seems to be current, but when you call, there is only a recording and the website that they link you to is dead. I sent an email via Facebook, but don't expect a response.

Trying to go there next week...but don't know what to make of it.

Anyone have any update? Thanks.

Bozo and his circus entourage went to Johnson's last weekend. There were 5 or 6 dancers. Also a very sparse crowd.

Matt was saying his farewell to the deejay and a few of the patrons. Seems he will no longer be involved with the club.

Johnson's is clearly on life support. It may not even make it thru the end of the season.

Bozo

Anyone have any update? Thanks.

Heard from the manager at the Boardwalk tonight, but am unable to confirm definitively, that Johnson's is closed. They never got the proper license. It was in a horrible neighborhood anyway, and I'm not sure it would have worked out. BVB doesn't take the 'Mobile' into questionable areas, unless...;)

Heard from the manager at the Boardwalk tonight, but am unable to confirm definitively, that Johnson's is closed. They never got the proper license. It was in a horrible neighborhood anyway, and I'm not sure it would have worked out. BVB doesn't take the 'Mobile' into questionable areas, unless...;)

It makes you wonder what exactly was the genius logic behind the decision to go ahead and open without proper licenses. Did they think they would somehow fly under the radar? No establishment selling alcohol stays open for long without the necessary licenses, forget a strip club. Did they think they'd get licenses eventually? Once the authorities figure out that you opened without licenses, you get shut down immediately with zero chance of approval down the line. It's all quite baffling.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey boys,

So is Johnsons/Zirkuz officially dead? Any updates? I have a SoFL trip planned this month

As of last week, it was reported that Johnson's is dead. The manager of the club posted on his face book that they opened the club without a license and were promptly closed...go figure.

Matt Colunga who came to Florida to manage Johnson's has posted on his facebook that NEW johnsons with proper paperwork will be opening soon. He shared some pictures. Not sure if its a new location but check it out.

I've been told by a fairly reliable source that the new location that Matt will manage will be close to LeBare in Fort Lauderdale. We shall see.

The "New Johnsons Miami" facebook notes address as 13045 SW 87th Ave Miami, FL 33176 United States and says opening Friday March 10 and also:

South Miami's newest gay club with nude male dancers from around the world. Enjoy an intimate environment with drinks, great music and friends. March 10

It's hard to find spots that will approve a gay strip club near residential spots. Community members tend to frown and complain to council members and liquor licensing agencies when they hear about one being put in close to where they live.

Finding a spot that can be licensed for it is VERY challenging. :)

I understand. I did a couple of deals with straight strip clubs when I was in LA, and you're right, residents can be very combative and persuasive to local council members not to allow that sort of venue into their neighborhoods, but at the end of the day, the Boardwalk and Le Boy managed it, so my incentive to venture into an area like that at night is almost zero.

I understand. I did a couple of deals with straight strip clubs when I was in LA, and you're right, residents can be very combative and persuasive to local council members not to allow that sort of venue into their neighborhoods, but at the end of the day, the Boardwalk and Le Boy managed it, so my incentive to venture into an area like that at night it almost zero.

The new Johnsons does look rather out of the way, 19.3 miles and ~40 minutes from Twist, 12.5 miles and ~30 minutes from Marlins Park (just to pick a landmark). I'm sure manager Matt Colunga wouldn't have picked the location unless he thought he could make it work, but it doesn't look like it'll be easy. Of course, I wish him and his crew all the best.

Archived