• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whipped guy

• g56whiz

• easygoingpal

• Trebor

My guess: WAPO => GUAPO = Handsome

You are right on target @easygoingpal! Neapolitan dialect was greatly influenced by Spanish. In Neapolitan and other southern Italian dialects the word “guappo” comes out sounding like “wapo”.. Hence it means one hell of a handsome dude. When many Italians from that region of Italy migrated to the USA a hundred years ago it morphed into the derogatory term for Italians “wop” as in Neapolitan the final “o” is often not pronounced. In my day I have been referenced as a wop... I always took it as a complement. ? La lezione è finita... lesson over!

Now back to your regular programming. How bout this guapo wapo!

The sexy Italian WAPO of the day!

Edited by whipped guy

You are right on target @easygoingpal! Neapolitan dialect was greatly influenced by Spanish. In Neapolitan and other southern Italian dialects the word “guappo” comes out sounding like “wapo”.. Hence it means one hell of a handsome dude. When many Italians from that region of Italy migrated to the USA a hundred years ago it morphed into the derogatory term for Italians “wop”! In my day I have been referenced as a wop... I always took it as a complement. ? La lezione è finita... lesson over!

Now back to your regular programming. How bout this guapo wapo!

The sexy Italian WAPO of the day!

Nice but I'll take the first guy anytime over the second choice (although to be honest, if given the opportunity I could make either work for me - just saying!!)