Montreal - May 2017

This topic is 2594 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Returned from 5 days in downtown Montreal.

In my experience, Taboo and Lux were "ghost towns" on Friday and Saturday nights. Certainly not like they used to be ten years ago. Zero hustlers on the street. Well a couple, but obvious druggies so I passed.

On a Saturday night, Lux was basically empty around 1am. I was waiting outside Lux before deciding on heading in and I spoke to a dancer. He appeared to be on drugs and spoke zero english, then his "pimp" or a guy he owed money to came out and got very upset that the dancer was talking to me! Go figure?

This pimp guy spat on the floor and missed my shoe by just millimeters. Keep in mind, I have OCD and almost punched him in the face. If you're gonna be nasty and spit on the floor, make sure you're not going to spit directly on top of someone strangers shoe. He did this on purpose.

I ended up doing 1 trial dance, since the dancer got very upset at his pimp. The dance sucked. The dancer sped-thru the dance it was only like 90 seconds total. I had $700 in my wallet so it was his loss!

Taboo had lots of dancers who just couldn't get the hint that I was not interested in them. For example, whenever they tried to grab me I would literally grab their hands and put them off of me immediately. Yo u think they would get the hint?

It got to the point where I had to literally walk over and up to a different dancer that I was actually semi-interested in and start talking to them.

This makes for an unpleasant atmosphere. It has nothing to do with how "nice" a dancer is, if I'm not attracted to them then I'm not attracted tp them. It's not my fault if they're so stupid they cant get the hint after 2o minutes of me doing everything but walk out the door.

Anyways, the quality of Taboo dancers has really declined. It was really a bust. This trip, and the past several trips. The staff wasn't as welcoming as they have been. The vibe was not there.

Campus...what is the deal with some dancers making eye contact with you and completely starring you down to to the ground like they're going to jail-rape you? People enjoy that? That's very unpleasant.

I didn't go to STOCK because I'm really primarily into skinny young white blonde blue eyed twinks.

On other fronts, there is a great Italian restaurant off of Ste. Catherine and McGill University called "MONZA." They have the best tiramisu dessert I have ever had, and excellent pasta dishes. It is also a pizza place.

I Never made it inside UNITY because it seemed nobody was there on the weekends either.

Funny thing is, the best twink I found was an adorable waiter working at a restaurant in Old Montreal. It seems to always happen that way when where you least expect it.

I made the rookie mistake of asking to be his sugar daddy in front of his co-workers. Everything was going so well until then haha. I know it's there job to be nice as waiters, but he shouldn't have said he will email me so enthusiastically if he wasn't going to! Haha. He should have just said "thank you

" after I gave him my business card. Oh well. Sucks to be me. I cant get him out of my head, but he's prob straight anyways or doesn't want some balding fat guy twice his age. Buy at least I have no regrets now. it is better to know then not have known. That's what every guy says on their death bed. They regret not trying more. The funny thing, this similar scenario did work out for me in Flint, Michigan like ten years ago.

In the end, I wish I would have saved my $1000 hotel for 5 days and all that restaurant and travel money. Turned out to be a real bust for me. Others may enjoy STOCK if you're into that bodybuilding type.

I wont be back for a few years. Looking into Amsterdam or Prague or Bucharest, or even just my local area of Michigan. The weather was great for me. Low 60's and cloudy.

The OMNI Mont-Royal hotel in Montreal's Golden Square Mile business District is still me fave hotel. Rooms 2102 and 1715 and 604 are excellent when you bring your own shower head!

$1000 on hotel for 5 days in Montreal, That's a lot of money. I spent $200 on a really nice hotel in downtown for 7 days & $70.00 RT transportation. The same trip in NYC would have cost me over $1500. Montreal is not that expensive compare to cities like NYC, Chicago, Boston and LAX.

Returned from 5 days in downtown Montreal.

In my experience, Taboo and Lux were "ghost towns" on Friday and Saturday nights. Certainly not like they used to be ten years ago. Zero hustlers on the street. Well a couple, but obvious druggies so I passed.

On a Saturday night, Lux was basically empty around 1am. I was waiting outside Lux before deciding on heading in and I spoke to a dancer. He appeared to be on drugs and spoke zero english, then his "pimp" or a guy he owed money to came out and got very upset that the dancer was talking to me! Go figure?

This pimp guy spat on the floor and missed my shoe by just millimeters. Keep in mind, I have OCD and almost punched him in the face. If you're gonna be nasty and spit on the floor, make sure you're not going to spit directly on top of someone strangers shoe. He did this on purpose.

I ended up doing 1 trial dance, since the dancer got very upset at his pimp. The dance sucked. The dancer sped-thru the dance it was only like 90 seconds total. I had $700 in my wallet so it was his loss!

Taboo had lots of dancers who just couldn't get the hint that I was not interested in them. For example, whenever they tried to grab me I would literally grab their hands and put them off of me immediately. Yo u think they would get the hint?

It got to the point where I had to literally walk over and up to a different dancer that I was actually semi-interested in and start talking to them.

This makes for an unpleasant atmosphere. It has nothing to do with how "nice" a dancer is, if I'm not attracted to them then I'm not attracted tp them. It's not my fault if they're so stupid they cant get the hint after 2o minutes of me doing everything but walk out the door.

Anyways, the quality of Taboo dancers has really declined. It was really a bust. This trip, and the past several trips. The staff wasn't as welcoming as they have been. The vibe was not there.

Campus...what is the deal with some dancers making eye contact with you and completely starring you down to to the ground like they're going to jail-rape you? People enjoy that? That's very unpleasant.

I didn't go to STOCK because I'm really primarily into skinny young white blonde blue eyed twinks.

On other fronts, there is a great Italian restaurant off of Ste. Catherine and McGill University called "MONZA." They have the best tiramisu dessert I have ever had, and excellent pasta dishes. It is also a pizza place.

I Never made it inside UNITY because it seemed nobody was there on the weekends either.

Funny thing is, the best twink I found was an adorable waiter working at a restaurant in Old Montreal. It seems to always happen that way when where you least expect it.

I made the rookie mistake of asking to be his sugar daddy in front of his co-workers. Everything was going so well until then haha. I know it's there job to be nice as waiters, but he shouldn't have said he will email me so enthusiastically if he wasn't going to! Haha. He should have just said "thank you

" after I gave him my business card. Oh well. Sucks to be me. I cant get him out of my head, but he's prob straight anyways or doesn't want some balding fat guy twice his age. Buy at least I have no regrets now. it is better to know then not have known. That's what every guy says on their death bed. They regret not trying more. The funny thing, this similar scenario did work out for me in Flint, Michigan like ten years ago.

In the end, I wish I would have saved my $1000 hotel for 5 days and all that restaurant and travel money. Turned out to be a real bust for me. Others may enjoy STOCK if you're into that bodybuilding type.

I wont be back for a few years. Looking into Amsterdam or Prague or Bucharest, or even just my local area of Michigan. The weather was great for me. Low 60's and cloudy.

The OMNI Mont-Royal hotel in Montreal's Golden Square Mile business District is still me fave hotel. Rooms 2102 and 1715 and 604 are excellent when you bring your own shower head!

I stayed at the ICON Hotel in Prague. It is a very stylish and quirky boutique hotel if not exactly posh--certainly comfortable, well run, and extremely reasonable. Also, it is directly above Escape if you are on the prowl for twinks.

$1000 on hotel for 5 days in Montreal, That's a lot of money. I spent $200 on a really nice hotel in downtown for 7 days & $70.00 RT transportation. The same trip in NYC would have cost me over $1500. Montreal is not that expensive compare to cities like NYC, Chicago, Boston and LAX.

You are right. Montreal is surprisingly inexpensive compared to Seattle, Vancouver, SF, LA and New York. I live within a 3 hour drive of Vancouver, but no good clubs there and the hotels are now a fortune. Montreal is an 8 hour trip from Seattle by air with a stopover in Toronto--no direct flights. The airfare eats into any savings on hotels when I go there.

I know, I don't have the best judgment when it comes to knowing the value of money I guess.

4 nights at the 4-star Loews Vogue cost $1282 CAD, which is around $950 USD. Totally not worth it at all.

The OMNI has slightly lower prices by around $100 CAD. Still very expensive for a 4-star hotel.

Transportation on STM Airport 747 public bus was cheap at only $10 each way, plus you get to use all the buses and metro subway system for that 24-hour period.

The ICON hotel in Prague certainly sounds interesting.

Archived