Memorial Day Weekend in Montreal: The Unlikely Winner

Jake
This topic is 2439 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Was just chatting with someone on another thread about webcams. Boardwalk in Ft Lauderdale is bringing theirs back online. I know Stock does it, but as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm more in the college age, lean guys you'd find at Campus, Lux or Taboo. It's such a lost revenue opportunity to not stream. The clubs can make money. If they set up a tipping system (not difficult) like Chaturbate's, the dancers could earn money on slower nights at the clubs. Curious what you guys would be willing to pay for a streaming cam feed. I'd probably do $20 a month.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I would pay $20.00 a month to watch. The guys watching online would definitely tip the Stockbar dancers on slow nights, if Stockbar had a tipping system set up online.

Boardwalk going online, will the owner be able to continuously recruit hot guys? If he can, then I'm all for it.

Want to add that I like what Stock has for its "Studio" sessions every Tuesdays and Thursdays. They need to stop repeating the same old (mostly) fugly-looking dancers for the studios though. A common complaint I got from speaking to the more popular dancers who refuse to do studios is due to the lousy pay they get from doing it ($200 for the 1hr to have their jerk-off session uploaded online for streaming for the rest of Stock Bar website's eternity). If there is some real-time tipping option for folks online to tip (like Chaturbate), I bet there will be more quality dancers interested in these studio sessions!

I'm sure a lot of guys wouldn't want to be broadcast on the internet.

For me Stock is just too big. It's not very intimate. And I am much more on board with the twink/muscle twink train. Last time I went to Taboo it was pretty dismal. Nice to hear it's had a rebound. It's been a few years since I've had a chance to head up there. It's a big world. I've been spending more time in Asia lately.

Last time I went to Taboo it was pretty dismal.

Ditto.

The last few years I've been going to Taboo and Luxe it's been dismal. A ghost town. The twinks in Montreal are non-existent, and what talent they did have was sub-par.

Prague is next on my list for blonde-haired, blue-eyed, skinny, white barely-legal boyish twinks like they used to have in Montreal on a consistent basis. Recently? Not so much.

I'm sure a lot of guys wouldn't want to be broadcast on the internet.

For me Stock is just too big. It's not very intimate. And I am much more on board with the twink/muscle twink train. Last time I went to Taboo it was pretty dismal. Nice to hear it's had a rebound. It's been a few years since I've had a chance to head up there. It's a big world. I've been spending more time in Asia lately.

Yeah I'm sure there would be some who wouldn't... but hopefully a Chaturbate like tipping system would alleviate a lot of that. And 100% agree about Stock. I was surprised how many hot guys there were at Taboo, but that lack of privacy in the back is something I can't get past. But there were plenty of cute young guys. I must've just gone on a good weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

I am curious what the prices currently are in Montreal.

I have heard of dances there for 10 without curtian but don't know if it's real.

If the selection has deteriorated and the price is the same as local, I'm not seeing a motivation for the trip.

I have heard of dances there for 10 without curtian but don't know if it's real.

If the selection has deteriorated and the price is the same as local, I'm not seeing a motivation for the trip.

Depending on your taste, the selection has not deteriorated IMO. However...while the price is $20 a song, keep in mind that $100 US gets you $136 Canadian, so there is that. Besides, Montreal is a wonderful city, and it is always refreshing to get out of town for a little R&R. ;)

Agree with Big Val. But it's a roll of the dice. Some weeks you luck out. Sometimes you don't. The weekend I went I wasn't overwhelmed, but was more than happy with the selection of dancers. To answer the question... the $10 dances are at Stock with the curtain open (no contact I believe is the wording). Also I believe $10 is the going rate for dances at Taboo if you're a twinks guy. But as I said earlier in the thread, there's little privacy in those private dances so I opted out.

I have yet to find another city in North America with the variety and quality of dancers that I find in Montreal (quality, of course, is subjective). You can probably find the variety in NYC (and maybe Miami/Ft Lauderdale) but in NYC you have to visit different venues on different nights of the week. In Montreal, it's all within a few blocks and you have the lively vibe of the Montreal gay village which I really enjoy, especially on a summer-time weekend.

Summer time on St Catherine St in Montreal gay village:

7e5ff6bcb649398c625cbfacc875ef0e.jpg

That vibe on St Catherine really is a big selling point. I could spend all day sitting on the deck at Starbucks and just watch the parade of crazies, hotties, weirdos, dancers, customers, lost frightened straight guys, drag queens, and what have you go by.

The last time I was at Taboo in mid-May the dances were $15 per song. I was told they might be raised to $20 per song soon to match the other 3 strip clubs.

As mentioned, there is no privacy at all in the back room area at Taboo. I'm into the barely-legal, skinny, white, blonde/blue, teenage twink "waifer" emo-boy look, and needless-to-say I was rather disappointed with the selection, or lack there of, at Taboo.

The club certisnly didn't live up to its notorious international reputation it enjoyed over the past two decades of featuring the smoothest barely-legal twink boys it was named after.

The exchange rate is ever-changing and currently around 25% and has been steadily dropping the last month. For every 100 USD you get around 125 CAD. Enjoy it while it last because the Canadian dollar is catching up very quickly and pretty soon will be on par with the US Dollar. A 25% discount is still a good deal.

I found some nice places while browsing "airbnb" for the next time I visit Montreal in mid-September, or perhaps I will stay at my fave hotel the OMNI Mont-Royal on the 17th floor. The rooms on the 17th floor seem to have the best shower pressure, if that's a priority for you.

I highly recommend the new Italian restaurant called MONZA on Ste Catherine and McGill University.

• 5 weeks later...

As said repeatedly, it's a matter of luck. I went earlier this summer and there were plenty of hot twinks at Taboo. Was the selection better on some trips? Yup. Was it worse on other trips? Yup. It's a roll of the dice when you book a visit to these cities. Dancers come and go every week. It's not a life for everyone. I could never do what they do. While there's a promise of easy money, there are probably a lot more nights where you leave the club with next to nothing to show for your night of trying to woo old men.

That all said, if we're just going to fold our arms and say it's not as good as it used to be, then say goodbye to the last few places that offer entertainment like this.

Sad to say, but hornet and grindr are the new Taboo. I was there this summer as well and it totally sucked. No hot twinks. It's more than a roll-of-the-dice, it's been rather consistent the last decade progressively getting worse each year. And you're right, once in a blue moon you might get lucky and find a twink that justifies spending all the money on hotel, plane, restaurants, but these "entertainment" clubs will soon be disappearing. I continue to go because I love the city.

I have yet to find another city in North America with the variety and quality of dancers that I find in Montreal (quality, of course, is subjective). You can probably find the variety in NYC (and maybe Miami/Ft Lauderdale) but in NYC you have to visit different venues on different nights of the week. In Montreal, it's all within a few blocks and you have the lively vibe of the Montreal gay village which I really enjoy, especially on a summer-time weekend.

Summer time on St Catherine St in Montreal gay village:

7e5ff6bcb649398c625cbfacc875ef0e.jpg

Agreed. Beautiful pic btw.

Riiiiiight.

So Montreal "circa 2005" and "May of 2017" are identical in terms of the twink scene?

I don't know why it's so hard to admit the fact that the quality and quantity of twinks 18-21 has clearly and visibly breathtakingly diminished over the last dozen years.

To submit the Montreal twink scene is the same in "May of 2017" compared to circa 2005 is laughable and disingenuous.

As I said earlier, don't you think I would be the first to sing Montreal's praises if Montreal truly was a twink wonderland as it used to be circa 2005? With the advent of the internet, grindr, hornet, etc. the twink scene is a fraction of what it used to be.

I would hate for someone to spend a lot of money on air travel, hotel, restaurants, car rentals, etc only to be very disappointed with the available selection of twinks that may-or-may-not be his type.

It's more often a ghost town compared to a "wonderland of dozen twinks" on any given night. As you said, on its current trajectory, I highly doubt these entertainment clubs will last.

Riiiiiight.

So Montreal "circa 2005" and "May of 2017" are identical in terms of the twink scene?

I don't know why it's so hard to admit the fact that the quality and quantity of twinks 18-21 has clearly and visibly breathtakingly diminished over the last dozen years.

To submit the Montreal twink scene is the same in "May of 2017" compared to circa 2005 is laughable and disingenuous.

As I said earlier, don't you think I would be the first to sing Montreal's praises if Montreal truly was a twink wonderland as it used to be circa 2005? With the advent of the internet, grindr, hornet, etc. the twink scene is a fraction of what it used to be.

I would hate for someone to spend a lot of money on air travel, hotel, restaurants, car rentals, etc only to be very disappointed with the available selection of twinks that may-or-may-not be his type.

It's more often a ghost town compared to a "wonderland of dozen twinks" on any given night. As you said, on its current trajectory, I highly doubt these entertainment clubs will last.

Or May 2017.

Thanks for the warning...but I concur with Lord Jake.

lol...And I would forget my suggestions for Bangkok or Phuket, It is a loooong way, and you would probably hate it. :p

I was just there too and it sucked. It boggles my mind how anyone can compare the "quality and quantity" as being on par to that of "decades-and-decades" ago.

For me, the decline it's breathtakingly noticeable. As I mentioned earlier, it all depends of what your definition of a "twink" is.

Plus, I prefer skinny white twinks 18-20 so you're right, I likely wouldn't enjoy Thailand. I prefer the cooler climates of San Fran and Montreal.

You can't say Taboo of 2017 is as good as it was circa 2005 given the internet and decline of the Village. Any objective person would find that laughable with all due respect. People like Firecat have moved out of Montreal for that reason.

Archived