How even petty power corrupts

Doug69
This topic is 6916 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

DEEJ, 2 days ago: "I act in the best interests of the site, when I need to act at all. (Which is actually pretty rare, thankfully.)"

DEEJ, 1 day ago, in response to a discussion about him which contained criticisms of how he uses his moderator "powers":

<<Then start a thread about me.

G'head.

This one is over.>>

WORDS AT THE TOP OF THAT THREAD: <<This topic is locked.>>

So, as you can see, deej only uses his censoring moderator powers when (to use his words) it's "in the best interest of the site" that he do so - except for all of those times when he uses those moderator "powers" to prevent people from saying anything negative about him and how he uses those powers.

Definition of petty authoritarian sickness: "Using power not only to prevent and censor free and open discussion and expression of views, but also to prevent discusison of the censorship itself."

For the sake of consistency and clarity, shouldn't we add this to the Message Center Rules: "Thou shalt not speak ill of any of those anointed as Moderators"?

Every day, people here are criticized or attacked (sometimes even by Deej himself), and those threads aren't locked. But as soon as a thread contains criticisms of Deej or his handful of "friends," the thread gets locked or deleted.

I wonder what will happen to this thead. Locked or deletion? Anyone taking bets?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Conway

Move on for Christ's sake. He's a moderator. It's his call to make a decision if something is out of control.

Some of your obsessive compulsive disorder types are turning what is a very valuable resource in this forum into your own personal bitchfest. If you have an issue with the guy, PM him about it. But, don't force the rest of us to have to deal with your same stupid whiny crap day in and day out.

RE: Forced to Read this Thread!

>Some of your obsessive compulsive disorder types are turning

>what is a very valuable resource in this forum into your own

>personal bitchfest. If you have an issue with the guy, PM him

>about it. But, don't force the rest of us to have to deal with

>your same stupid whiny crap day in and day out.

Let me apologize on Doug's behalf. I'm sure he didn't realize there is someone standing next to your computer holding a shotgun pointed at your head and forcing you to read this and other threads you really don't want to read.

When he started this thread he probably thought that it is entirely up to YOU to decide which threads you read and which ones you don't. He probably thought that if you saw a thread on the Lounge page with this title and an excerpt clearly showing that it is about deej, you wouldn't open and read the thread IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO.

Once again, I apologize for his mistake. And please give my regards to the guy with the shotgun.

Guest ChgoBoy

>Move on for Christ's sake. He's a moderator. It's his call

>to make a decision if something is out of control.

Your premise here doesn't include the scenario; when the moderator is out of control. When a moderator see's a problem, he/she should address the problem, not engage in "baiting", condemnation and profanity. This moderator, unlike others, engages in the very behavior that he claims is his reasoning (or lack there of) in locking a thread. If credibility is a prerequisite to holding a position of authority on this MC, then this moderator fails miserably. There is example after example of this, just in the past few weeks, which I won't list here. You can easily find most of them. This moderator suggested this thread be started; again the vanity and arrogance fails to surprise me.

>If you have an issue with the guy, PM him

>about it. But, don't force the rest of us to have to deal with

>your same stupid whiny crap day in and day out.

But is it OK to force viewing sex in a public place on people in a gym who aren't there for that purpose... INTERESTING.

>Definition of petty authoritarian sickness: "Using power not

>only to prevent and censor free and open discussion and

>expression of views, but also to prevent discusison of the

>censorship itself."

Hey, I thought we had to keep all discussions about the Bush administration in the Politics forum. :p

>

>I wonder what will happen to this thead. Locked or deletion?

>Anyone taking bets?

I'm taking a break from poker however, I don't consider laying odds that this thread will be locked in less than a week a gamble. :7

RT :)

Guest rohale

Hey Doug 69, you usually do a pretty good job of slogging at people. It must be nice to sit behind your keyboard and write about posters that you dont really care for or like regardless of reason. Doesn't make a difference how many people whose feelings you rub the wrong way, does it? Probably not in your case.

The irony is that if someone ever found out your true identity and tracked you down. Observing various posts, there must be a few people who would hold a slight grudge. Then you're pretty much in for it. In a situation like that, I would hate to be in your position for that one. You're probably a bit too big headed to discontinue in bashing people. Still I wouldn't want to be in your shoes, regardless. I hope you have a nice little bomb shelter to hide in.

Ro

>Hey Doug 69, you usually do a pretty good job of slogging at

>people.

Thank you. That is so nice of you to say.

It must be nice to sit behind your keyboard and write

>about posters that you dont really care for or like regardless

>of reason.

It is nice. But it's not just when I'm "sitting behind my keyboard." I don't conduct myself any differently away from the keyboard than I do here, as any of the several people here who know me offline here can attest.

Doesn't make a difference how many people whose

>feelings you rub the wrong way, does it?

Nope, sure doesn't. I think it's more important to speak truthfully and to criticize things one thinks are wrong than it is to run around meek and silent and scared, trying to make everyone like you because you're scared that they'll do something mean to you. But as you demonstrate, not everyone has the same priorities.

>The irony is that if someone ever found out your true identity

>and tracked you down.

There'd be nothing "ironic" about that - illegal, maybe, but not "ironic."

There are some people - lots of them, actually - who live their lives based on fear and refrain from doing or saying anything because they are petrified that other people won't like it and might not be nice to them. I'm grateful that I'm not one of those people. Clearly, you are.

Observing various posts, there must be

>a few people who would hold a slight grudge. Then you're

>pretty much in for it. In a situation like that, I would hate

>to be in your position for that one.

That's because you're a fearful, petrified nothing who pees her vagina at the mere possibility of doing something that someone else might not like.

You're probably a bit too

>big headed to discontinue in bashing people. Still I

>wouldn't want to be in your shoes, regardless. I hope you

>have a nice little bomb shelter to hide in.

Hiding in a bomb shelter sounds like how you live your "life," so it's not surprising that you are recommending it to others. You won't find me there shivering with you. There are, as I said, several people here whom I know offline, and having someone here find out my identity is hardly impossible. If it's important enough to someone, I'm sure they can. But don't wait for me in the dankness of your bomb shelter, because I won't be there.

By the way - have you ever considered taking your own advice? I found your post stupid and impotently threatening. I'm sure others disliked what you said, too. How do you know one of us isn't going to track you down and exercise our grudge against you? Are you going to be bolting your bomb shelter and hugging your teddy bear extra tight tonight?

Like most of the self-indulgent twatholes here, you think that when other people write posts which are critical of others, that's a bad, terrible, mean thing to do. But when YOU write posts, like this one, that are critical of those whom you don't like, that's a completely different act - it's elevated and just. Don't you think you deserve a nice bashing for being so self-righteously stupid?

Guest ChgoBoy

>The irony is that if someone ever found out your true identity

>and tracked you down.

Was there a thought there Rohale, or are you just looking for your 15 minutes here?

>Observing various posts, there must be

>a few people who would hold a slight grudge.

Holding a grudge for entertaining a varying opinion and point of view is as childish as Deej is, when he has to make up imaginary friends standing behind him to defend his losing and pathetic argument.

>You're probably a bit too big headed to discontinue in bashing people.

Define bashing. Opposing points of view, in the civilized world, are not considered bashing; moreover what serves the greater good of mankind. If you want to talk to someone about bashing, email me, I'll share with you what a bat accross the head does for one, just because you're gay and walking home at 12:30 in the morning from visiting friends. That's bashing and don't you ever forget it. I hope a higher power might protect you from that. It didnt me.

>Still I wouldn't want to be in your shoes, regardless. I hope you

>have a nice little bomb shelter to hide in.

Wherever you're living Rohale, I'm so very glad I am not.

If you want to talk to someone about

>bashing, email me, I'll share with you what a bat accross the

>head does for one, just because you're gay and walking home at

>12:30 in the morning from visiting friends. That's bashing and

>don't you ever forget it. I hope a higher power might protect

>you from that. It didnt me.

>

>

real sad to hear that...hope u r o.k

If you want to talk to someone about

>bashing, email me, I'll share with you what a bat accross the

>head does for one, just because you're gay and walking home at

>12:30 in the morning from visiting friends. That's bashing and

>don't you ever forget it. I hope a higher power might protect

>you from that. It didnt me.

>

>

real sad to hear that...hope u r o.k

Guest Conway

Hey, what do you know, the average IQ on this board just dropped 30 points with your bassackwards return.

Archived