Your Music

José Soplanucas
This topic is 1936 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Boink for mentioning my all-time favourite from this era - Judy Collins.

Has anyone else watched the PBS special concert of Judy Collins at the Metropolitan Museum of Art? It has been many years since I have heard Judy, and I enjoyed the program very much. "She's a Lady" must be a recent song about her mother, who died at 94. Amazing what she can do.

Really sorrry I missed this -she's one of my all-time favorite artists! Some of my favorites: 'Send in the Clowns. 'Some Day Soon', 'Amazing Grace'. 'Farewell to Tarwathie'.

I heard Judy Collins' version of "Suzanne" before Cohen's, but I like both.

Sang a duet with Judy Collins during a luncheon. As lovely as I had always imagined.

I liked Jefferson Starship in person, but also Chicago, Janice Joplin, Patti Smith, Judy Garland (1961), Peggy Lee, Judy Collins as well as many all-male bands like U2, The Stones, Talking Heads

http://synd.imgsrv.uclick.com/comics/cl/2019/cl190512.jpg

• 1 month later...

Not sure how I missed this one the first time around, but I saw it now, so here goes.

Like @latbear4blk, there are many bands and artists I feel a strong connection to, like REM, The Cure, The Clash, Blondie, U2, INXS, Cyndi Lauper, Tina Turner, The Call (who happen to be a Christian rock band), The Church (who are not a Christian rock band), Fleetwood Mac, Hothouse Flowers, Cowboy Junkies, and so many more. However, if I had to choose one band and only one it would be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofkzvM7Skxg

and of course...

Their energy, free spirits, and choice to hunker down together in times of trouble are inspirations. Plus, they are fun as hell!

Edited by rvwnsd

...We are 80's queens.

Indeed we are!

the other day I remarked to my (straight) brother that you know you are a gay child of the 80's when you skip around your apartment singing "I Know What Boys Like" but change the lyrics so they fit feeding your cats canned cat food. I then had to retract the gay part when he told me he caught himself doing that when feeding his dogs and his kids.