A pleasant surprise 35 years later

samhexum

Posted (edited)

My brother-in-law filled me in on the latest concert news…

since they opened, their shows have been running at 99% capacity.  Because of that demand, they added 3pm matinees on Sat and Sun.  All 9 performances a week are still running at 97% capacity.   Ticketmaster UK reports that as a sell out.   So because of the demand, they just extended thru May 2025 and are talking with the City of Stratford to extend to 2026.  That's gonna be tough because the land that the arena is built on is designated to be developed for low income housing and they have delayed it twice already.

Edited by samhexum
Because a subject this important demands quality reporting!

2 hours ago, samhexum said:

My brother-in-law filled me in on the latest concert news…

since they opened, their shows have been running at 99% capacity.  Because of that demand, they added 3pm matinees on Sat and Sun.  All 9 performances a week are still running at 97% capacity.   Ticketmaster UK reports that as a sell out.   So because of the demand, they just extended thru May 2025 and are talking with the City of Stratford to extend to 2026.  That's gonna be tough because the land that the arena is built on is designated to be developed for low income housing and they have delayed it twice already.

The technology the show uses is absolutely the most impressive thing I've seen.

I went into the show thinking it was going to be kitschy and silly, but I was way wrong.  

I kept having to remind myself I wasn't watching real people put on a live concert.  Everything just clicked perfectly and as an audience member, you eventually suspend reality and act as if you're watching ABBA live (and in their prime).

Having seen it twice now, I'd go back a third time for sure, especially as they regularly add and subtract songs to keep things fresh.

Rumor has it that Vegas is the next spot to use this tech.