PALM SPRINGS WEEKEND 2018

Epigonos
This topic is 2350 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

It is just a few days before. For 2019, @Oliver, you should sync with this event instead of Coachella.

Blatino Oasis - just the name makes me salivate. You are well aware of the the butt quotient as far as that goes (actually it will also produce its fair share of cock for those that are interested). What is it about?

Edited by TruthBTold

Unfortunately if the Blatino Oasis is held in May the Palm Springs Weekend cannot be held in tandem. The Palm Springs Weekend must be held no later than the second weekend in April. The reason: Oliver leaves Palm Springs to return to his home in the Midwest on May 1st and needs to pack up and prepare for the trip.

Unfortunately if the Blatino Oasis is held in May the Palm Springs Weekend cannot be held in tandem. The Palm Springs Weekend must be held no later than the second weekend in April. The reason: Oliver leaves Palm Springs to return to his home in the Midwest on May 1st and needs to pack up and prepare for the trip.

You are correct, I mistook May for April. :oops:

There goes your chance to meet XL and some of your other Black Rayne favorites. :(

~Boomer~

My friend, XL is coming to DC this month.

Besides, if the Mountain does not go to Mahoma, Mahoma goes to the Mountain. I can travel to Atlanta, it is closer than California. I would marry 4 of the guys in this picture. You can guess which ones.

http://post.aazah.com/sites/post.aazah.com/files/styles/noded/public/field/image/2017-05-02_14-12-27.png?itok=uVg_JS88

My friend, XL is coming to DC this month.

Besides, if the Mountain does not go to Mahoma, Mahoma goes to the Mountain. I can travel to Atlanta, it is closer than California. I would marry 4 of the guys in this picture. You can guess which ones.

http://post.aazah.com/sites/post.aazah.com/files/styles/noded/public/field/image/2017-05-02_14-12-27.png?itok=uVg_JS88

My guess Starting from the left 1 2 3 and 7 3 is the one I feel most sure that you would select

I honestly believe that those of you who plan to attend the Palm Springs Weekend for the first time in April 2018 will find the regulars MOST welcoming. It has always been our intent to make ALL new attendees regulars after their first Weekend. It would seem we have been somewhat successful, in this endeavor, as our attendance continues to grow each year. What makes the Saturday evening dinner so important is that it gives many of us an opportunity to circulate and greet and make welcome all of you newbies. If some of you new guys are staying at the Canyon Club or INNdulge the Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening pool side gathering are relaxing and lots of fun. For those of you who are a bit shy I promise you that many of us "old” timers will work diligently to help you feel a part of the group and less shy. I am sincerely looking forward to meeting all you newbies Saturday evening.

When I first heard about this gathering a while back, I was intrigued and wanting to attend. I've also never been to PS and always wanted to visit. But since dipping my toe into the hiring waters last year and becoming more active on this forum, I have not received, shall we say, a warm welcome by many people. Some people have been downright nasty and condescending, and some have even gone so far to private message me with their nastiness. Keyboard courage I guess. Anyway, I was severely bullied in school and am still getting over the damage of that at 44. I don't need to put myself through more of that in person. There are a few really nice people here, which is why I stay and continue to post, but for the most part, this forum seems like a very exclusive club where, unless you're a seasoned, uninhibited, sex expert, you're not really welcome. Snark and sarcasm have their place, but they can be misinterpreted when you don't truly know who it is you're talking to. I prefer more genuine interaction. Based on the comments in this thread, it doesn't seem like that would be the vibe at this event. Hope everyone else attending has fun, though.

When I first heard about this gathering a while back, I was intrigued and wanting to attend. I've also never been to PS and always wanted to visit. But since dipping my toe into the hiring waters last year and becoming more active on this forum, I have not received, shall we say, a warm welcome by many people. Some people have been downright nasty and condescending, and some have even gone so far to private message me with their nastiness. Keyboard courage I guess. Anyway, I was severely bullied in school and am still getting over the damage of that at 44. I don't need to put myself through more of that in person. There are a few really nice people here, which is why I stay and continue to post, but for the most part, this forum seems like a very exclusive club where, unless you're a seasoned, uninhibited, sex expert, you're not really welcome. Snark and sarcasm have their place, but they can be misinterpreted when you don't truly know who it is you're talking to. I prefer more genuine interaction. Based on the comments in this thread, it doesn't seem like that would be the vibe at this event. Hope everyone else attending has fun, though.

I am NOT part of any club, and have never been to any of their events, but in all fairness to Everyone, people tend to be a lot different in person, so if it really does interest you, I would give it a shot.... Often, commentary doesnt translate well, and without the visual to go along with it, might give the wrong impression.? I am probably one that is GUILTY of that and I think that's what you are probably experiencing ?. Except for a handful, the members here are nice, regular people with the common interest of "hiring".... Cock and Ass are great things to bring people together.

Believe me, you are a lot stronger than you think. I simply don't read those that I know will have absolutely nothing to contribute substance-wise to a thread's discussion. Sometimes I get it wrong and am totally repulsed by what they say. At times I remember what I have to say may benefit a few and it needs to be said so I post it. I seldom (as a matter of fact I don't think it has ever happened to me) that anyone has PM'd me something that I could not handle. It can be disheartening to say the least but everyone has a right to say most things. There are certain things that I won't let go unanswered. For example, things that simply are factually incorrect or things that really insult groups of people rather than individuals.

As for the PS Weekend, I have gone twice so far and I have never witnessed any open hostility to myself or to others. Think of it as one big cocktail party with a pool and deviled eggs. You have to mingle but people are very pleasant and try to include everyone. You are welcomed and you can always find a way to contribute but like any cocktail party sometimes I am just going to listen. If I don't have anything to say I don't say anything. If I don't like what I hear, I can make my apologies and step away. There is a nice dinner and imagine yourself going to a state dinner. Talk to the person on your right, left and across. So if you want to come, come. There is plenty of sun and after a long winter I am just so thankful to be there that I soak it all in. If you would like to hear more about it, do not hesitate to PM me.

Agree, @TruthBTold, for me it was a pleasant blast of summer before winter set in (Jun-Aug = winter, to be clear). There was no unpleasantness much less acrimony. The nastier forum participants on line are the ones unlikely to attend. No one starts out on line as a respected commenter, that comes with time. I remember posting a comment that I was worried about posting a review before establishing my credibility, and someone I had hardly spoken to posted that I had already done that. I was gobsmacked.

I know I am not one of the nastiest participants, but I also know I can be sarcastic and dismissive. I cannot remember whether I ever targeted you. If I did, I apologize.

Youngboldone right up front I must admit that I’m not exactly sure how to respond to your post. I’ve been posting on this site for many (16+) years which I guess makes me a member of the “club”. With that fact in mind you might want to dismiss what I’m about to write.

I will be one of the first to admit that there are posters here who are more than capable of being aggressive, assertive, judgmental, and rude. Unfortunately that is one of the problems with any internet site with allows posters to be anonymous. Anonymity allows posters to be as aggressive, assertive, judgmental and rude as possible without any face to face consequences. Please believe me when I say that things are much more congenial here today, on this site, than they were fifteen years ago. When I first started posting here blood flowed nearly every day and to survive one needed VERY thick skin.

I have been participating in the Palm Springs Weekend for fifteen years. In all those years I cannot recall EVER observing a participant being bullied, demeaned, or harassed. In the past we have had attendees who were extremely shy and reticent and I have repeatedly witnessed other participants going out of their way to make these individuals feel comfortable and welcome. Keep in mind that the Palm Springs event draws a much more limited group than this entire site with its various forums.

In conclusion I will say that the decision to attend the Palm Springs Weekend is, most definitely, an individual one. If after reading the various posts on the Palm Springs Weekend thread you feel it is not something that would appeal to you then you should most definitely not attend. The one thing, however, that I urge you to do is NOT to judge the event by your experiences on other threads on this site. Additionally please don’t judge Palm Springs Weekend without experiencing it firsthand.

P.S. I would also urge other frequent Palm Springs Weekend attendees to jump in here and post their feeling regarding this matter.

Edited by Epigonos

Thanks for all the thoughtful replies. Having never attended, I don't know the meaning behind the deviled eggs comments (obviously an inside joke), however deviled eggs are one of my favorite foods, so that alone has me intrigued. :) I am shy around people I don't know, and I am a sentimental softy. I have strong opinions about things, yet I am the most non-assertive person you'll ever meet (not a great combination I know). So I recognize that I need to work on that assertiveness and develop a thicker skin at times. And I'm sure I've said things here that have probably offended others. Knowing what it's like to be on the receiving end, I am profoundly sorry if my words have ever emotionally harmed others.

A lot of my reticence about attending stems from the fact that, even at 44, I am not a sexually confident person. Therefore, the thought of being in this kind of setting truly terrifies me. It brings back lots of unpleasant memories of being the wallflower at the bars/clubs that no one approached or talked to. But I don't want to limit myself on experiencing life, and these responses have me thinking I'd like to attend to see what it's like. The question now is whether my budget will allow that for 2018, also recognizing that the window of opportunity for getting a room is likely closing, if it already hasn't. I am taking a bucket list trip to Australia and New Zealand in February, so it may not be in the cards this year. Need to do some serious number crunching to see if I can make it happen.

@youngboldone, devilled eggs, made by @Epigonos are one of the features of he buffet at the pool party. The social functions are not sexually charged, although there is the opportunity to pursue such interests at them. The shyest person can fit in easily, there is no pressure. (That was me last year.)

Ha! Wait to see me functioning in a social setting. Nothing to do with this witty, sexy, sophisticated, insightful, educative, charming, cosmopolitan, assertive, irresistibly captivating, and specially humble online personality.