iPhone X

marylander1940
This topic is 2545 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apple CEO Tim Cook’s grand unveiling took place at the new Apple campus in Cupertino—the enormous, still unfinished “spaceship” ring. It was the first event Apple has held in the mind-blowingly beautiful Steve Jobs theater.

I've heard that whenever a group/tribe/country builds a expensive, gigantic, masturbatory monument to itself, it is just before the whole damned place goes belly-up.

I was very disappointed in the latest offering from Apple. I had been excited about the potential for wireless charging, which would have made the price worthwhile for me, but only if it were the RF version through wifi. Sadly that has not yet received FCC approval. I really wanted to upgrade my 6s, which has started to get glitchy and slow. Does anyone ever wonder if these devices get some systemic degradation as new models come out? I know it sounds "conspiracy theory-esque"; but really, who would have thought VW and others would actively deceive regulators in the manner they did?

If anyone is interested in the potential for RF wifi charging, check out Energous ("WATT" on NASDAQ). Full disclosure I own shares in WATT but think it is an awesome bet.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I want from the iPhone X is the OLED display. I don't think it's worth the money. I was thinking to upgrade my 6 plus to an iPhone 8 plus due to my chipped screen, failing battery and general sluggishness but opted to use my cell carriers insurance to get it replaced ($175 deductible).

I was pleasantly surprised to see they gave me an iPhone 6s Plus instead of the ordinary 6! Sure it's refurbished, but it feels just like new. It's running iOS 10.1 and everything is very snappy. Apps open instantly, web pages open and load much faster and it has a better battery. I don't think I'll ever upgrade the OS just to keep the phone as is.

Hopefully this phone will last me until they come out with microLED displays and better batteries.

Archived