Did Your Parents Give You The Talk About "The Birds And Bees"?

Avalon
This topic is 1290 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Having two older brothers took care of it. And my parents were very open about sex, using correct terminology and no secrets. I did find a clinical book of sorts on reproduction that my mom had. I’ll never forget the basic instruction was simply this: insert the penis into the vagina and thrust it up and down to completion. Okay, whatever.

Having two older brothers took care of it. And my parents were very open about sex, using correct terminology and no secrets. I did find a clinical book of sorts on reproduction that my mom had. I’ll never forget the basic instruction was simply this: insert the penis into the vagina and thrust it up and down to completion. Okay, whatever.

that's the best way to deal with it, without taboos but with respect. Is also the best way to prevent things that can go wrong or others taken advantage because a person doesn't know the difference between right and wrong, consensual or not, etc. because at home it was all taboo.

I'm still laughing about your post on Kleenex vanishing from your house and your mom's concern.

I hadn't even reached puberty when my mom told me something about how in time it would feel really good to touch myself down where I pee'd. I remember it sounded gross at the time. She then said a girl they would touch me with her body down there and that's how we would end up having kids. I still haven't let a girl touch me with her body down there and doubt I ever will. But she was right - it does feel damn good to touch myself down there.

Nope. My dad died when I was 11, so nothing from him. We had the talk at school one day and when I got home my mom said “any questions?” I said “nope” and that was the end of that. She looked relieved, as was I.

Virtually identical to my experience; Dad drove me to the talk at school, asked if I had any question on the drive home, and that was it.

that's the best way to deal with it, without taboos but with respect. Is also the best way to prevent things that can go wrong or others taken advantage because a person doesn't know the difference between right and wrong, consensual or not, etc. because at home it was all taboo.

I'm still laughing about your post on Kleenex vanishing from your house and your mom's concern.

When I’ve quaffed a few, I have considered writing a pilot script of my growing up years as a sitcom. Of course it would be R-rated mostly.

Sorta kinda from my parents...they let the school do the first talk. My parents put a church spin on it then I had my friends and their dirty playboy mags...I was still confused. All I knew was I liked the guys more than the girls....it wasn’t until I was 19 until I had a bear daddy teach me how to enjoy gay sex.

I walked in my parents room one night that I couldn't sleep. I still have trouble with my eyes after I witnessed what I found out was intercourse. That was the so called talk for me

Same happened to me...I thought they left the TV on and then saw they weren't even in the room...Turned out thet were on the floor....HELP!!!!

Edited by thickornotatall