American Citizen

grweyers
This topic is 6821 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have been living in the USA for 9 years and it has taken me the last 3 years to final get my "American Citizenship" The big day was the 12th August 2005. I was born and raised in Zimbabwe (Rhodesia), moved to South Africa before coming to the USA. I now have one more goal and that is to find a good paying job. I work for an Air Line as a Lead Agent here in Vegas and the pay is bad, but more then that, its just not worth the stress and pressure. I would like to become a Domestic/International Courier as I enjoy flying.........

I will have Dual Citizenship so I will be able to travel to Brazil without getting a Visa, great hey. So now i'm a "Proud American"

:)

Congrat's

Sometimes we have to put in hours at crappy jobs to pay the bills.If you do something to move towards your goal every day then the other stuff does not seem so bad.

If you are interested in a particular field then find someone in the best company in that field to speak to.If they will not see you at first then just keep writing letters asking for a brief appointment.Most execs will either palm you off to someone-but the really smart ones will either talk to you or assign a good assistant to speak with you.

You have traveled far in your life,just keep on keeping on till you reach your goal.

>So now i'm a "Proud American"

Congratulations, and this is a great sentimenet. At a time when so many people, including Americans, make themselves feel good by trying to depict America as some sort of uniquely evil bastion of Horror and Fascism, it is nice to have a reminder of how many people around the world struggle and battle and work to emigrate to the country and become American citizents - to an extent unparalleled anywhere else on the planet.

Guest ReturnOfS

Congratulations on your citizenship and good luck with you job search.

Just be careful about criticizing the government. There'll be mean spirited people on this board and in the government who would be happy to kick you out of the country much faster than you got in.

I know Vegas is a very busy airport and, yes, the stress must be incredible at times...my Dad was an airline captain before deregulation and so I know commercial travel is very different now than what it used to be more than 20 years ago...I hope you know how to relax and not take it all too seriously...don't know anything about being a courier, but you cetainly should have contacts that can advise you, I presume...don't do anything too rash, though...make sure the job is secure and stable if you go for something else...if it doesn't work out, will the old job be available again?...

the status of the US in the world is, of course, controversial now...it's encouraging to see so many world citizens going for US citizenship...very best wishes to you

My felicitations to you, and I hope your american experience will be everything you hope for. Truly, this country is one of opportunity, of potential, and liberty as has never before been experienced in human history. (That statement assumes that there are beings that keep track of their history other than human ones... i can neither confirm nor deny the possibility, but I would hate to be overly humano-centric...)

The USofA has been endowed with a plethora of great minds, great accomplishments, and for the most part has been a fruitful place for people of European stock to settle in and be fruitful. Within the last 60 years or so, even other races have been kind of welcomed... kind of... and their presence here has been of benefit to the entire world.

The United States of America is not, and will never be, beyond reproach. And as long as there are borders that hinder and define, no "nation" ever will. Every change that has come within the US has come with struggle... progress has been a rocky road, even here in the Land of Liberty. We are an unfinished nation, Our face, our beliefs, our ideals are constantly in flux... and that is what makes the United States of America the most blessed, the most beautiful, the strangest, and the funnest place I can think of.

So take your shoes off, make yourself at home, and stay awhile! The show's been running for awhile, but there's plenty more to come!

La Trix

Archived