Kevin Spacey Accused of Sexual Misconduct, Confirms Rumors He Is Gay

Moondance
This topic is 2105 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

New York Time, December 28,2018

An eighteen years old man told detectives in Boston last year that the actor Kevin Spacey unzipped his pants and rubbed his genitalia "for about three minutes" after 1 a m. at a crowded bar in Nantucked in July 2016 -- and that while this was occurring sent video of the exchange through Spapchat to his girlfriend.

The accuser said he was 23, even though he was actually 18.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New York Time, December 28,2018

An eighteen years old man told detectives in Boston last year that the actor Kevin Spacey unzipped his pants and rubbed his genitalia "for about three minutes" after 1 a m. at a crowded bar in Nantucked in July 2016 -- and that while this was occurring sent video of the exchange through Spapchat to his girlfriend.

The accuser said he was 23, even though he was actually 18.

While not excusing Mr. Spacey at all, I don't think it's victim blaming to ask why the heck the 18 year old let him do it. Ok so assuming it's true, say the guy was overwhelmed by drink or the fact that it was Kevin Spacey. He then still had enough presence of mind while it was occurring to SnapChat his girlfriend? I mean I'm not disbelieving the 18 now 19 year old. I'm just wondering about his priorities, since most likely, I think if I were straight, I would have told Mr. Spacey to leave my zipper and crotch the hell alone!!

Gman

at least there's no tape about him "grabbing guys by the balls".

actually, there is!......as said above by others, the victim in Nantucket "snap"ped Spacey fondling him and sent it to his girlfriend.......law enforcement supposedly has the video now......though snapchat famously gets deleted quickly, it can also be saved.....

While not excusing Mr. Spacey at all, I don't think it's victim blaming to ask why the heck the 18 year old let him do it. Ok so assuming it's true, say the guy was overwhelmed by drink or the fact that it was Kevin Spacey. He then still had enough presence of mind while it was occurring to SnapChat his girlfriend? I mean I'm not disbelieving the 18 now 19 year old. I'm just wondering about his priorities, since most likely, I think if I were straight, I would have told Mr. Spacey to leave my zipper and crotch the hell alone!!

Gman

Are you slut shaming the victim?

actually, there is!......as said above by others, the victim in Nantucket "snap"ped Spacey fondling him and sent it to his girlfriend.......law enforcement supposedly has the video now......though snapchat famously gets deleted quickly, it can also be saved.....

Good to know... anyways his ego and image will never recover. Hopefully he'll go to jail.

One more thing nothing gets deleted now a days in this cyber/digital world. If there's manpower (time, determination and money) everything could be recovered.

Gman

Mr. Spacey and his manager arrived around at 11:15. After the 18-year old's shift was over, he and Spacey had several drinks together. Later a witness stated the accuser looked "pale, blank, a bit frightened." Also, no everyone is included to engage in an argument with a famous person

When Stacey went to the rest room, the accuser decided (with some good advice) to leave.

Mr. Spacey and his manager arrived around at 11:15. After the 18-year old's shift was over, he and Spacey had several drinks together. Later a witness stated the accuser looked "pale, blank, a bit frightened." Also, no everyone is included to engage in an argument with a famous person

When Stacey went to the rest room, the accuser decided (with some good advice) to leave.

And again I have to ask if the victim had the presence of mind to Snap Chat, I'm surprised he let it go as far as he did. I mean think about it. When you were 18, wouldn't you have had to be pretty drunk to allow someone to play around with your crotch when you didn't want them too?

Gman

And again I have to ask if the victim had the presence of mind to Snap Chat, I'm surprised he let it go as far as he did. I mean think about it. When you were 18, wouldn't you have had to be pretty drunk to allow someone to play around with your crotch when you didn't want them too?

Gman

He was a bus boy in a restaurant who was surprised that Spacey liked him enough to buy drinks. He sent several texts to the girl friend who did not believe it was really Kevin Spacey.

Gman

For a young man nowadays an iPhone is pretty much an attachment of his body, besides you can snapchat just by pushing a bottom. Is not rocket science.

Again if you're drunk you're not allowing/consenting...

Btw I don't know how self confident you were at 18 and if you would have stand up or not...

Based at your other posts I'm surprised you of all possible posters are engaging in Monday quarterbacking.

if you're drunk you're not allowing/consenting...

Btw I don't know how selfconfident you were at 18. Based at your other posts I'm surprised you of all possible posters are engaging in Monday quarterbacking and wondering why he didn't fight back.

Following up on @marylander1940's point, at age 20 I knew enough to get away from a priest away back in 1963.

Why? Because my uncle was a priest and so was a more distant relative.I loved my uncle, but knew he drank too much. So I was not in awe of priests.

But, I do not know any famous actors until many years later. And to use the word know is a stretch

Gman

He was a bus boy in a restaurant who was surprised that Spacey liked him enough to buy drinks. He sent several texts to the girl friend who did not believe it was really Kevin Spacey.

I'm not discounting the being overwhelmed. But putting myself into the mindset of most straight 18 year old males, I'd pretty much assume that most would react quite stringently to their junk being fondled. And to keep Snap Chatting while said junk is being fondled seems quite strange.

For a young man nowadays an iPhone is pretty much an attachment of his body, besides you can snapchat just by pushing a bottom. Is not rocket science.

Again if you're drunk you're not allowing/consenting...

Btw I don't know how self confident you were at 18 and if you would have stand up or not...

Based at your other posts I'm surprised you of all possible posters are engaging in Monday quarterbacking.

You'll notice I said if I had been straight. But I wasn't -even if not out to myself or anyone. So I prob wouldn't have been Snap Chatting as I had no girlfriend.

Gman

update: the snapchat video may not show any fondling, only a hand brushing a shirt, according to testimony by the trooper who took the report....I'm wondering if the snapchat video was the starstruck victim only trying to prove to his girlfriend that it really was Kevin Spacey he was talking to, which she originally doubted......

go to 1:20 here:

https://www.today.com/video/audio-recordings-shed-light-on-kevin-spacey-s-defense-1413167683734

certainly not defending Spacey, but the video may not be all we think it is......perhaps a witness will testify and there is supposed to be at least one.....

@Gar1eth This is only one of many sexual misconduct allegations against Kevin Spacey. If the 18-year old was the only one, you would have more credibility.

And you have never mentioned that the young man was an employee of the bar and Spacey a customer. I worked part-time in a unionized supermarket when a freshman in college. I needed that job which I had since a junior in high school.

@Gar1eth This is only one of many sexual misconduct allegations against Kevin Spacey. If the 18-year old was the only one, you would have more credibility.

And you have never mentioned that the young man was an employee of the bar and Spacey a customer. I worked part-time in a unionized supermarket when a freshman in college. I needed that job which I had since a junior in high school.

I can envision it happening. Snap Chatting the incident seemed weird. If you could Snap Chat, you could also move away or say quit touching my junk. But if the Chat didn't show anything as @azdr0710 mentioned, I find that more believable.

Gman

I can envision it happening. Snap Chatting the incident seemed weird. If you could Snap Chat, you could also move away or say quit touching my junk. But if the Chat didn't show anything as @azdr0710 mentioned, I find that more believable.

Gman

I am astonished that you continue to pursue this after I reminded you that the young man worked there and Spacey was a customer. Did you have jobs as a teenager?

Until now, I thought you were one of the smartest and most reasonable members of these forums.

i'm not disputing that this happened as the victim described; I'm just surprised that this specific incident is getting felony charges given it seems much more severe assaults of women wind up getting much less aggressively prosecuted.

Also, I tend to think being groped does not carry the same severity as being penetrated. I think the mother is really playing things up in hopes of getting as much money as possible.

I am astonished that you continue to pursue this after I reminded you that the young man worked there and Spacey was a customer. Did you have jobs as a teenager?

Until now, I thought you were one of the smartest and most reasonable members of these forums.

I don't think your melodramatic ("astonished", "I reminded you", "I thought you were one of the smartest") indignation toward Gman is necessary.......there is a lot more to this story than the public knows so far......Gman is only looking at both sides and considering each.......it's fashionable to dump on Spacey these days (and I certainly am not a Spacey fan - there is no argument he has sexually harrassed and/or assaulted many), but I have to wonder why it took a year for the victim to have a face-to-face interview with law enforcement and why Mommy (a former TV anchor) is suddenly making the media rounds........

the courtroom drama starts January 7!

Edited by azdr0710

Gman

Don't we all have regrets in our personal life? Have you ever thought "if I could turn back time I would/wouldn't...?

I don't think your melodramatic ("astonished", "I reminded you", "I thought you were one of the smartest") indignation toward Gman is necessary.......there is a lot more to this story than the public knows so far......Gman is only looking at both sides and considering each.......it's fashionable to dump on Spacey these days (and I certainly am not a Spacey fan - there is no argument he has sexually harrassed and/or assaulted many), but I have to wonder why it took a year for the victim to have a face-to-face interview with law enforcement and why Mommy (a former TV anchor) is suddenly making the media rounds........

the courtroom drama starts January 7!

You (and others) can wonder everything you want. Dr. Ford talked for the first time about her incident 15 years after it happened.

The #metoo movement have made folks more likely to come out and tell what happened to them. Some attacks are more recent than others.

Thank God he snapchatted it because some wouldn't believe it even happened.

I guess by your screen name you're a Dr., right? Pardon me if it's been talked before on here... I would expect more compassion from someone with your noble profession.

Edit: @azdr0710 has one or more college degrees but he is NOT a Doctor.

Edited by marylander1940

Many of you may recall that I recounted the time I was wrestled to the ground and had my crotch grabbed by my gym teacher when I was 12 years old (in the 7th grade). I was able to squirm out, run away, tell my mother and vice-principal, and get out of his class (he was never arrested, although I learned years later in high school reunions he'd done this to others). If a 12 year-old can have the sense to do that, so can an 18 year-old, who instead chose to record the event. Kevin Spacey appears to be no angel. However, the 18 year-old appears not only to have consented, but to be proud of it and record it for others to see. Continuing a sexual advance when someone says no should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. But this does not appear to be the case in this situation.

Also, I don't buy the argument that one can't consent after one's had alcohol on board. Is there anyone here on this forum who could look me in the eye and say they've never consented to sex after having some drinks, and/or that they've never had sex with someone who's been drinking? Really?

As a young man, I was groped twice, in unexpected ways, by men that were much older and were coming from a place of power due to who they were. By now, If someone told me I should have known what to do, I would tell them to stuff it. Of course when I was a much younger man I did not have the wherewithal to figure things out so easily. In some ways, one can nearly deny something bad is happening.

Of course, as mature adults, we generally know what we want. But didn’t we learn that through a maturing process that included pushing limits and occasionally making mistakes choosing to do something that, in hindsight, we didn’t like? So, then we learned a “limit” for future reference

An 18 year old is a walking experimenter. They feel invincible and in control always pushing limits. I won’t go into details on this situation because I don’t know a lot more facts than I actually do know on this one. But I’m awfully suspicious of the motives.

I never felt invincible and in control at age 18. Back then I was freshman in college just trying to make it through the academic year. The next summer at age 19, I felt a bit more in control.

Of course, as mature adults, we generally know what we want. But didn’t we learn that through a maturing process that included pushing limits and occasionally making mistakes choosing to do something that, in hindsight, we didn’t like? So, then we learned a “limit” for future reference

An 18 year old is a walking experimenter. They feel invincible and in control always pushing limits. I won’t go into details on this situation because I don’t know a lot more facts than I actually do know on this one. But I’m awfully suspicious of the motives.

18 year old feels invincible? Now you're just being a troll, I think.

One can argue existentially about the mind of an 18 year-old. However, the law, although varied from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, does define the age of consent. In no place on the planet, other than a few Muslim countries (countable on the fingers of one hand), is the age of consent over 18.

18 year old feels invincible? Now you're just being a troll, I think.

Yes, it is general statement that does not apply across the board. My dad died when I was 16 before we had a chance to discuss college. So it was up to my mother who did not finish high school.

She became friendly with the high school guidance counselor, who helped me get accepted to a college that seemed beyond my reach.

I was very grateful, but certainly not invincible.

Thank you, @E.T.Bass for helping me think more and perhaps better.

Edited by WilliamM

I don't doubt that and I acknowledge that your experience is valid of many...but, based on prior posts, I also believe that you are ~50+ yrs older than this kid. Unlike us, he grew up in the generation of helicopter parents who rush to solve the kids' problems giving a false sense of security. Based on the fact that his mother, the news anchor, is being interviewed publicly on this (when he is an adult...), I suspect my observation is more applicable to this situation. I also suspect that you'll find my view validated by a couple of posts on the concepts of youth invincibility.

Speaking for myself, I was always the parent that would let my kid come close to the hot stove so they could learn firsthand why they shouldn't actually touch it. I suspect his mom built a fence around the hot stove and then put a nanny cam on the fence to make sure he didn't try to climb it...

This isn't the first time nor the last that you go after someone who survived rape (or was sexually harassed at his job by a client in this case) doubting his/her testimony while denigrating his/her upbringing, motivation, etc.

I hope you're never selected for jury duty.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kolbHZPQys4/Vpxu9SiiCSI/AAAAAAAABFU/ImL9ORu9ETI/s1600/We+don%E2%80%99t+see+things+the+way+they+are.+We+see+them+the+way+WE+are+%E2%80%93+Talmud..jpg