Ordering Groceries Online?

Avalon
This topic is 1991 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I LOVE to grocery shop.

As Demi & Patrick once said, "Ditto"! And you get lots of help from employees (& even other customers) if you're using the handicapped cart. The store I usually go to has five of them, and the ones that aren't in use are always lined up in front of the store, fully charged.

My favorite supermarket recently went 24 hours. I did my first 1AM shop there a few hours ago. It was as heavenly an experience as I’d imagined it would be… no traffic to or fro, practically nobody in the store and nobody at the register when I was ready to check out, and there was a surprise:

One of the reasons it’s my favorite store is that it has 5 handicapped carts (it’s a big store), and I’ve only seen one other supermarket have as many as 3. Well… at 1AM I was the only cripple in the place, so I had my pick of carts… which now number SEVEN!

New Hyde Park must be the handicapped disabled capital of NY.

This is what I looked like motoring around the store:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYsDymlJL0MiVnmzKM7lcQwO09F4nwXfzD27PKE20Ll4xcjsUX 5ac00ed78f84ada44f75b5f0c00b841e--sexy-guys-sexy-men.jpg

e0704e4c10e72070b4e12aec087e55a4.jpg

b1816fbde43739c9125928fcb519fb5c.jpg

Edited by samhexum

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been ordering recently from Amazon Fresh. I just don't want to take the time to go grocery shopping. I go to the Amazon page, fill out a shopping list in 10 minutes or so, click a couple of buttons and the groceries are at the doorstep first thing next morning. The prices don't seem much higher than any regular grocery store like Lucky's or Safeway. Of course, premium items like wildcaught fish are pricey, but one would expect that.

Whenever I see an old thread Avalon started I think for a moment he is back but then realize it's an old thread.

Isn't he now RealAvalon (as opposed to FakeToyotaSedan)?

And just so I don't get off topic...I like grocery shopping as it gives me inspiration what to cook.

That's why I watch cooking shows (also to make myself hungry so I can eat sooner :confused::(:confused::().

Edited by samhexum