What Is The History Of These Forums?

Avalon
This topic is 2505 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was wondering because some bios say they have been a member since 31 December 1969.

It's been explained somewhere before, the default start time of the underlying program for the forum is 0000 hours UTC on 1 January 1970, and some bios don't have an actual start date so default to that time and date. If you are in the US when you read them it shows up at what your local date would have been then, and that would be 31 Dec (as it would have been 1900 EST etc on that day). If I look at those same bios I should see 1 Jan 70 as that day had already started here at 0000 UTC.

It's been explained somewhere before, the default start time of the underlying program for the forum is 0000 hours UTC on 1 January 1970, and some bios don't have an actual start date so default to that time and date. If you are in the US when you read them it shows up at what your local date would have been then, and that would be 31 Dec (as it would have been 1900 EST etc on that day). If I look at those same bios I should see 1 Jan 70 as that day had already started here at 0000 UTC.

Thank-you!

This topic is 2505 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.