When Is A Table Not A Table?

Avalon
This topic is 2513 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

An incident on tonight's "MacGyver" reminded me of incident in a Freshman English class that I had signed up for at college many many years ago. It was a Summer class; two hours with a break half-way through.

The teacher began with "When is a table not a table?". "If you sit on it, is it still a table?" "If you write a letter using it, is it still a table?". "If it's Louis XIV style from that period, is it still a table?" "If you chop it up for firewood, is it still a table?"

On and on he went. The other kids in the class ate it up! Me, when the break came I dropped the class!

That kind of stuff bores me!

An incident on tonight's "MacGyver" reminded me of incident in a Freshman English class that I had signed up for at college many many years ago. It was a Summer class; two hours with a break half-way through.

The teacher began with "When is a table not a table?". "If you sit on it, is it still a table?" "If you write a letter using it, is it still a table?". "If it's Louis XIV style from that period, is it still a table?" "If you chop it up for firewood, is it still a table?"

On and on he went. The other kids in the class ate it up! Me, when the break came I dropped the class!

That kind of stuff bores me!

And yet you have grown up to post random questions on this Forum.