Some Want To Ban Glitter!

Avalon
This topic is 2492 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I can imagine millions of gays around the world rising up in protest if there was an attempt to ban glitter! ;-)))

This was on the wireless here yesterday (Thu) afternoon. As the article noted, glitter is essentially microplastic, which is increasingly recognised as an environmental hazard. The item here noted that there is a eucalyptus based material coated with aluminium that can be used to make glitter, and is not an environmental issue.

We are headed for a global warming catastrophe. The US is on the brink of nuclear war with North Korea. Trump is destroying what is left of American democracy. Ignorance and hate are taking over society at an alarming rate, and you tell me I should be worried about glitter???????

Unfortunately, it is all this crap that is going into the ocean and forming the huge plastic islands. These are contributing to global warming and harming animals. I guess we will have to deal with Trump, North Korea, ignorance, and glitter at the same time.