Do You Decorate For Christmas?

Avalon
This topic is 2488 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried that once, I wasn't successful. I read a magazine article that told how to get them to bloom again. You have to regulate the light exposure really carefully. I gathered a bunch of cast off poinsettias and set them up in my "poinsettia clinic." Alas, I must not have regulated conditions carefully enough because I only got one to sort-of bloom again.

I think Poinsettias are pretty flowers but I have two cats and was told they can make cats sick and my one cat loves to eat plants

I used to decorate for the holidays -- starting with Halloween. I even had holiday themed sheets on my bed and holiday themed hand towels in the bathroom. (Yes, I have two different sets of Halloween themed sheet sets.) Then life got in the way and I don't have the time or the energy to do much in the way of decorating. The last couple of years, my holiday decorating consisted of holiday themed paper napkins (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas) that I use starting around the 1st of October, etc. This year I actually remembered to use the Halloween hand towels which was a major accomplishment.

I tried that once, I wasn't successful. I read a magazine article that told how to get them to bloom again. You have to regulate the light exposure really carefully. I gathered a bunch of cast off poinsettias and set them up in my "poinsettia clinic." Alas, I must not have regulated conditions carefully enough because I only got one to sort-of bloom again.

I must have read the same article -- Like you to no avail -- but my friend has red as well as a green thumb and brings them back to full bloom and spreads the joy around!

I must have read the same article -- Like you to no avail -- but my friend has red as well as a green thumb and brings them back to full bloom and spreads the joy around!

I love em. When I was a kid, we went to church at midnight on Christmas Eve. The altar guild had the altars spilling over wirh red poinsettias.