BAH HUMBUG!!!

samhexum
This topic is 2472 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

BAH HUMBUG!!!

I took 2 ambiens & 2 melatonins at 3:30 AM (my normal bedtime). I’m still waiting to fall asleep. No way was I driving out to my sister’s house & back, so I get to spend the day alone, watching Xmas episode reruns and sitting in front of my computer eating frozen food that’s been in my freezer for a year or so because I’ve never been in the mood for it.

I repeat, BAH HUMBUG!!!

Edited by samhexum

BAH HUMBUG!!!

I took 2 ambiens & 2 melatonins at 3:30 AM (my normal bedtime). I’m still waiting to fall asleep. No way was I driving out to my sister’s house & back, so I get to spend the day alone, watching Xmas episode reruns and sitting in front of my computer eating frozen food that’s been in my freezer for a year or so because I’ve never been in the mood for it.

I repeat, BAH HUMBUG!!!

SO SORRY to hear this. I’ve been through the same. Best advice I ever got: don’t lie in bed trying to get to sleep. Start reading a book (in bed or out). It’ll get your mind redirected and you’ll get sleepy — unless you don’t, but in that case at least you’ve read something interesting.

Thanks. Never slept... just laid in bed for hours. Story of my life. I often go 2 or 3 days with little or no sleep.

Raccoons ask each other "Damn! Did you see the dark circles under his eyes?!?!?!?!?!"

I’m sorry this happened. My question is have you ever seen a sleep physician to help with the insomnia.

Gman

Many, many years ago I used to suffer bouts of insomnia. I was told that the one thing I should NOT do was remain in bed as over time my body would become accustomed to associating wakefulness with being in bed. Thus I used to get up go into the living room and read or watch television. Eventually I was able to overcome the problem. You might want to consider trying this approach.

Never slept... just laid in bed for hours. Story of my life. I often go 2 or 3 days with little or no sleep.

Surprised no one has mentioned it, especially on this forum. If reading doesn't work have you tried jacking off? When I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep I do this. Its a cliche but for me it works most of the time.

(Could allude to another Seinfeld episode, but I won't ;))

Surprised no one has mentioned it, especially on this forum. If reading doesn't work have you tried jacking off? When I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep I do this. Its a cliche but for me it works most of the time.

(Could allude to another Seinfeld episode, but I won't ;))

Granted I wake up 4 or 5 times a night but jacking off helps me get to sleep faster. If I don't jo I just lay there for forever.

Hugs,

Greg