Butter Or Olive Oil On Bread?

Avalon
This topic is 2418 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the kind/type of bread/roll --

White = Throw it away

-Rye/Pumpernickel/Russian Black Bread - Butter or Cream Cheese

-Multi Grain - Nothing on it enjoy the rich flavor and texture

-Good Crusty Seeded Italian from Brick/Fire Oven -

Nothing or Olive Oil or Fresh Roasted Peppers

I'm something of a misfit in my family -- I'm not a big bread fan. My entire family has always insisted that bread be served at every meal. At home I only use bread for a sandwich and even that isn't very often.

Now if I'm eating out for dinner and olive oil with a splash of balsamic and a good crusty bread is served I'm a very happy camper.

I just noticed you said you hadn’t eaten bread in 10 years. Are you on a perpetual Atkins’ Diet?

Gman

I am a diabetic. My doctor told me to avoid bread, potatoes, rice, cereal, pasta.

It is hereditary in my family. It killed my mother in her 50s. And though her mother lived into her 80s it cost her both legs.

I know people aren’t going to agree with me-but it is my solemn belief that except for the most finicky recipes, it doesn’t matter if you use salted butter in the place of non-salted butter.

Now discuss.

Gm

Now you’re just being an internet butter troll! :rolleyes:

And I’ll bet you have it vice-versa...most households use salted exclusively and snub unsalted. I always have both, I bake and it makes a difference there. Also....in a lot of things (even eggs) I use unsalted so I can adjust seasonings myself.

And I’ll bet you have it vice-versa...most households use salted exclusively and snub unsalted. I always have both, I bake and it makes a difference there. Also....in a lot of things (even eggs) I use unsalted so I can adjust seasonings myself.

I only use unsalted. don't miss salted butter at all.

I just don’t think it matters that much. I think it’s a myth. I can tell you I hate non-salted butter as a spread on bread.

Gman

I just don’t think it matters that much. I think it’s a myth. I can tell you I hate non-salted butter as a spread on bread.

Gman

well different palates perhaps....calling it a “myth” is a bit dismissive. Google salted v. unsalted, wise variety of objective facts and subjective tastes ;)

Edited by MikeBiDude

Gman

well different palates perhaps....calling it a “myth” is a bit dismissive. Google salted v. unsalted, wise variety of objective facts and subjective tastes ;)

I apologize. You’re right. It probably is palate related.

Gman