Reverse Image Search - Advice Requested

SHUBEAR
This topic is 2418 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

here is a bit of recent discussion in the link below......not as easy as it used to be (for me)......one way is to use Google Chrome and right click on a picture, select "search google for image", then scroll down to "pages that include matching images" (if any are even there)......often, the picture is just mined from social media or somebody's tumblr and has no info about the original source.....once in a great while, one gets lucky and finds the original social media or website of the person actually in the picture...... others here may have better methods

https://m4m-forum.org/threads/picture-search-your-methods.126022/

here is a bit of recent discussion in the link below......not as easy as it used to be (for me)......one way is to use Google Chrome and right click on a picture, select "search google for image", then scroll down to "pages that include matching images" (if any are even there)......often, the picture is just mined from social media or somebody's tumblr and has no info about the original source.....once in a great while, one gets lucky and finds the original social media or website of the person actually in the picture...... others here may have better methods

https://m4m-forum.org/threads/picture-search-your-methods.126022/

I've found this method to no longer work (such as with Rentboy) or to render an unhelpful description like "man" or "chest."

I've found this method to no longer work (such as with Rentboy) or to render an unhelpful description like "man" or "chest."

I’ve had some people contacting me lately on Adam4Adam and one or two on MisterX app that I was pretty sure were scammers. But Image Search gave me the same kind of results you mention. I was wondering if maybe the pictures the potential scammers were using maybe weren’t popular enough to be picked up on Image Search.

I will say that I did pick up two scammers fairly recently. One of the pictures was of an armed forces guy that had apparently been used on multiple websites. The other I found was a fitness model/personal trainer that didn’t seem to be in the city the Adam4Adam profile was listed in. So I’m sure it was a scam. But again the majority of searches I’ve done lately have come up with the same results you describe. I wonder if they’ve changed their algorithm. Also I almost always do the search using the Chrome browser on my phone. I know there are some limitations on the phone browser compared to the computer browser. So I was also wondering if that might be affecting my searches.

Gman

Edited by Gar1eth

Yes, Google Image Search just doesn't seem to work most of the time any more. It's returned to what it was like when it was a new search tool, returning results that aren't helpful (e.g., "man" or "chest") with funny "possible" matches like penises in photos being compared to any longer than thicker object like broom handles or forearms. It really was a great tool for a while but, for whatever reason, the people behind the scenes at Google appear to have decided to limit its usefulness.