How Did Your Parents Meet?

Avalon
This topic is 2387 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ah, the math question. Mom was 20 when she married, Dad was 22. They did have my oldest brother about a year after they married, with my sister and second brother following in the next few years. My siblings were 25, 22, and 18 when I was born. Mom was 45 and Dad was 47. Finding out I was on the way was more than a bit of a surprise.

A change of life baby?

I once knew this older couple; I thought their grandson was living with them but no it was their son. He was younger than one of his nephews.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A change of life baby?

Yep. Family legend has it that Mom went to our good ol' country doctor to let him know that she'd noticed some changes in her body, but that she was ready for whatever was coming next. And after a quick check-up, he looked at her and said, "I'm pretty sure you're not ready." When Mom called my 22-year-old college senior sister to let her know, my sister went screaming "We're going to have a baby, we're going to have a baby" down the dorm hallway and was promptly sent to talk with the Dean of Women about "her situation." Took a phone call home by the Dean to verify that it was actually my mother who was expecting.

Yep. Family legend has it that Mom went to our good ol' country doctor to let him know that she'd noticed some changes in her body, but that she was ready for whatever was coming next. And after a quick check-up, he looked at her and said, "I'm pretty sure you're not ready." When Mom called my 22-year-old college senior sister to let her know, my sister went screaming "We're going to have a baby, we're going to have a baby" down the dorm hallway and was promptly sent to talk with the Dean of Women about "her situation." Took a phone call home by the Dean to verify that it was actually my mother who was expecting.

Thanks! Good story!