Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black reveal sex of their baby

Avalon
This topic is 2405 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I guess you guys don’t care because you already know that gay people have children this way, but most people who read this in the tabloids discover it there and then. So I don’t mind this particular gay couple educating the masses, through tabloid articles like this, about how gay couples have children of their own.

PS: I know the link from Avalon is to a gay web site, but similar articles appeared in Hello Magazine, the Mirror, the Sun, the Metro, the Evening Standard newspapers, the BBC website etc.

Edited by Tarte Gogo

Remind me why I'm supposed to care.

Can't people keep their private life....private?

It wasn’t all that long ago when people were saying what you just said about employment, housing, safety on the streets, hospital visitation rights, social Security death benefits, adoption, Marriage, Income tax benefits and on and on.

Are you really that removed from your own life, to chastise the celebration of a future new one?

To me it's not a gay/straight thing...so the equality, DOMA and DADT comments missed the mark.

I feel the same way about straight people.....hence my comment that they're not the first to do it.

Straights have been exploiting their children, born and unborn, for media coverage for decades

(I'm looking at you JFK and Joan Crawford). And while I'll defend their right to be as tasteless and

as exploitative as any straight couple....that doesn't mean I approve of the behavior.

I'm happy for them. I honestly am, but quite frankly it's none of my business.

However there are so many children especially older ones, many gay, that are in desperate need of help. I wish more would consider adoption.

Adoption is very difficult especially if you are single or even gay couples. I think it is a bit easier now for gay couples. But sometimes some of us want a genetic link to children . To each of us our own, as long as they are not asking us for money-to each their own.

I get the same about pets too, that if you buy a purebred puppy you are a killer with blood on your hands for not adopting from a shelter. I have been told that-literally.