Good news on PrEP

José Soplanucas
This topic is 2384 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I already take testosterone injections intramuscularly every 3 weeks. So dealing with syringes and needles, plus knowing how to inject intramuscularly at home, are already on my plate. I would love to switch to an intramuscular injection for Truvada instead of a daily pill. Not sure if I would feel the same way if I wasn’t already doing intramuscular injections regularly tho. Intramuscular injections hurt like hell for a few days post-injection if the muscle is not used to being injected into. After about a year of injecting into my quad muscles, tho, they’ve really gotten used to it, and I hardly experience any post-injection pain at all now. So for me it would be a relatively painless and convenient option.

You must be using a long-chain ester like undecanoate .

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be using a long-chain ester like undecanoate .

Actually the T I use is a blend of 4 different esters which allows for a staggered release and relatively stable T levels over the course of 2-4 weeks (in my body’s case, 3 weeks). It’s called Sustanon 250 and it’s very common in most of the world. It’s not FDA approved, so you won’t find it in the US. Costs me less than $3.50 per dose in India.

The esters in Sustanon 250 are:

Edited by FTM Zachary Prince

Well, better grab the lube boys because Congress is just starting its march to fuck you big time as far as health benefits are concerned.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/03/11/medicare-drug-benefit-is-weakened-by-congressional-budget-deal.html (And this is from FoxNews)

At the risk of crossing the line into politics... The unfunded Part D expansion signed by President Bush was always going to be a problem because it is a huge driver of cost, in part because Medicare is prevented by law--thanks Republicans--from negotiating drug prices in any meaningful way.

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2017/jan/17/tammy-baldwin/tammy-baldwin-federal-government-prohibited-negoti/