23 Behaviors Of A Gentleman That Every Man Should Adopt

Avalon
This topic is 2380 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Even if there is a vast discrepancy in financial means, both parties should pay sometimes. The more financially endowed one pays for dinner, the less flush one pays for coffee and bagel. For me anyway, it is not so much how much is spent, just that an effort is made to reciprocate. I have a friend who is not well off and each time we go out I pay for the meal. However, just about each time he does something such as this:

"I was feeling lucky to know you, so I bought you a lottery ticket." Five dollar winner and an all around winner of a friend.

I remember back in the day when one paid for the meal the other left the tip.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember back in the day when one paid for the meal the other left the tip.
I don't like this only in that I tend to be a generous tipper and when others leave the tip, I usually feel like I need to leave more. There was a Friends episode in which Ross goes to dinner with Rachel and her father and the father leaves a bad tip. Ross gets caught supplementing the tip and catches hell from the dad. Not a particularly funny episode and not particularly funny in real life if it happens. Edited by purplekow

Who walks closest to the curb?

Btw that's a pet peeve of mine when I see an opposite sex couple where the man doesn't walk on the outside. Years back I knew this couple and he usually didn't but I kept reminding / scolding them. So one day when I was driving I saw them out walking and when they saw me he switched positions. ;-)))

I concur. The same applies seeing an adult walking inside and a young child is walking curbside. I viewed this scenario while waiting to make a turn. I'd really wanted to have turned and stopped in mid street and relayed to the adult male to reverse positions. If an accident of any kind were to have transpired, it would have been this little kid who perhaps would have been badly injured or killed.