Further Tale of What Brown Doesn't Do For You (not scat related)

gallahadesquire
This topic is 2378 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Reference: https://m4m-forum.org/threads/what-can-brown-do-for-you.131628/#post-1429217

I live about three miles from the Central Massachusetts UPS sorting center (or whatever they called it). A little further is also the USPS sorting, and FedEx is about five miles away.

I have an order pending from Bose for their mini Soundlink speaker. Order was placed March 8 and shipped out March 9.

We had quite the storm on March 12-13, but it was rapidly cleared up.

I'm now on my third day of tracking this package. I've had two days of:

[location deleted]

03/13/2018 10:29 P.M. Arrival Scan (my town and local office)

03/14/2018 6:14 A.M. Destination Scan

03/14/2018 6:34 A.M. Loaded on Delivery Vehicle

03/14/2018 9:19 A.M. Out For Delivery Today

03/14/2018 9:01 P.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.

03/15/2018 9:48 A.M. Out For Delivery Today

03/15/2018 8:59 P.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.

03/16/2018 9:24 A.M. Out For Delivery Today

Two calls, and no response from the local office.

This is bullshit. I was an anesthesiologist, and with bullshit like this, I used to say:

I'm an anesthesiologist. If I treated my job the way you're treating yours, you'd be dead. Do you understand?

Has anyone else had this kind of experience lately from Big Brown?

Reference: https://m4m-forum.org/threads/what-can-brown-do-for-you.131628/#post-1429217

I live about three miles from the Central Massachusetts UPS sorting center (or whatever they called it). A little further is also the USPS sorting, and FedEx is about five miles away.

I have an order pending from Bose for their mini Soundlink speaker. Order was placed March 8 and shipped out March 9.

[location deleted]

03/14/2018 9:01 P.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.

03/15/2018 8:59 P.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.

This is bullshit. I was an anesthesiologist, and with bullshit like this, I used to say:

I'm an anesthesiologist. If I treated my job the way you're treating yours, you'd be dead. Do you understand?

Dear Lord....this has happened to me the last two times I had something shipped with FedEx. I watched as my packaged left the point of departure in the mid-west, to have it come within a hundred miles of FTL, only to receive a notice that the package had been re-routed because the package was "un-deliverable"...which is bullshit, because I'm here all the time. I then tracked it as it went clear across the country to LA and back. It was Hilarious.

I've also had packages delivered to me that had my address, but I was not the recipient. I called UPS and told them that it was mis-delivered. They told me that I had to take it to a central distribution center, several miles from the house. I said that was their job. They told me they wouldn't pick it up, so I took it around the corner to a UPS store, walked in and put it on the counter and told the guy that the package had come to my address by accident and that he needed to re-ship it. He told me that he couldn't do that and that I couldn't leave the package with him, I looked at the guy and said then throw it in the trash because I'm not a shipping company...

That's it...I'm finished venting.

Edited by bigvalboy

Dear Lord....this has happened to me the last two times I had something shipped with FedEx. I watched as my packaged left the point of departure in the mid-west, to have it come within a hundred miles of FTL, only to receive a notice that the package had been re-routed because the package was "un-deliverable"...which is bullshit, because I'm here all the time. I then tracked it has it went clear across the country to LA and back. It was Hilarious.

I've also had packages delivered to me that had my address, but I was not the recipient. I called UPS and told them that it was mis-delivered. They told me that I had to take it to a central distribution center, several miles from the house. I said that was their job. They told me they wouldn't pick it up, so I took it around the corner to a UPS store, walked in and put it on the counter and told the guy that the package had come to my address by accident and that he needed to re-ship it. He told me that he couldn't do that and that I couldn't leave the package with him, I looked at the guy and said then throw it in the trash because I'm not a shipping company...

That's it...I'm finished venting.

I'm an anesthesiologist ... If I did my job the way you do yours, you'd be dead. Do you understand?

Kudos. Let it be THEIR PROBLEM.

I'm mad as Hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Do the Brown delivery men mind if you swear at them and throw things? Two hours since "We'll call you within two hours" and nothing.

I dislike the "Undeliverable" BS as well, just be honest and say it's late. I've had them claim a notice was left and they would not redeliver, I would have to go pick it up. Needless to say, no one tried to deliver it and there was no notice. The good news is this is usually an amazon.com order and they always give my a nice credit when I call to get it cleared up. I've never had to go pick anything up either.

I dislike the "Undeliverable" BS as well, just be honest and say it's late. I've had them claim a notice was left and they would not redeliver, I would have to go pick it up. Needless to say, no one tried to deliver it and there was no notice. The good news is this is usually an amazon.com order and they always give my a nice credit when I call to get it cleared up. I've never had to go pick anything up either.

The front room in my house is my office. When I'm working at my desk I have full view of my porch, front steps, city sidewalk, and street. A few years ago I was eagerly awaiting a guitar delivery from FedEx. I watched as a FedEx driver stopped in front of my house with a "signature required" package (a guitar) I had been waiting on that had an online "out for delivery" status, and then drove away without leaving the truck. Later the tracking app noted that no one was home to receive the package, even though I was waiting by the door. I'm told that drivers will do this when they're running behind schedule or when they don't feel like carrying a larger package to the door only to find out that they have to put it back on the truck

FedEx, I’m awaiting a Saturday delivery, tracking number in hand....shipment from Maine to me in SoCal. I’m home ALL day, by the phone, etc. about 3pm tracking says “package undeliverable...will retry next business day”, which is now Monday. (I know it’s my lame Saturday fedex guy)

The cargo? A dozen live lobsters from Augusta, Maine! Dining table set...guests arrive at 6!!!

Close friend grabs the tracking info....heads to local Fedex truck’s orgin point (luckily only about 30 mins from me) and won’t leave until they find and release my package. They did!

P.S. UPS is gold to me....never missed a beat. But if Amazon sends a package out saying Sunday delivery via our homegrown USPS...forget about it on Sunday.

I'm told that drivers will do this when they're running behind schedule or when they don't feel like carrying a larger package to the door only to find out that they have to put it back on the truck

Jeez...why wouldn't the driver just walk to the door to see if anyone's home, then walk back to get the package? That's exactly what the UPS delivery man did for me yesterday. I was waiting for a 65" TV coming from Amazon. The truck pulled up & the driver came to my door. Said he just wanted to make sure someone was home & that he had the right door (I live in a condo). He then went back, got the TV from the truck, & carried it to me, setting it just inside my door.

Happy customer here.

I've had two recent issues one with Amazon delivering a package to its own locker and another this week with UPS. The Amazon one included the "package undeliverable" excise followed by "we can't locate the package." Meanwhile, the tracking app reported the package was on its way to Nashville, TN. No word on why it was going to Nashville. The UPS package started at a Macy's distribution center in Goodyear, AZ located about 15 miles due west of my apartment building. The tracking app reported it would be delivered the next day. Three days later it was delivered. The (not so) funny thing is the package had to pass my apartment building on its way to the UPS center, which a few miles east of where I live.

[location deleted]

These things happen and nobody likes it when they do but is it worth getting so out of joint over it?

These things happen and nobody likes it when they do but is it worth getting so out of joint over it?

Why should we get upset when someone does not do their job in a professional way? You must be kidding!

These things happen all too often. I can't say I don't get upset. But I can agree its not worth getting upset.... because it solves nothing, and I don't feel any better.

I've had my share of delivery nightmare stories. UPS. A recent furniture order from Houzz via Fedex Ground. But for me, the champion is Amazon's new gig-economy delivery service. I order from Amazon often. Five of the most recent six deliveries were delivered to the wrong address, or no address at all.... (the most recent was correct; before that, they were 0 for 5).

For those who haven't experienced Amazon's new delivery service.... its sort of Uber for packages. Unmarked vans, or cars, with random untrained drivers. They work, of course, from their phones. So, when they dump the package wherever they want, they click their phones and tell Amazon its delivered. Check my order history on Amazon....every one of my recent deliveries was not only marked delivered, it was noted "it was handed directly to the resident." Never once was a package handed to me.

With the Amazon app on my tablet, it pops up a notification that my package was delivered. Impressively timely. That's an odd experience, when I'm home. Open the door, and there's no package there. I've taken to going outside immediately and looking around the neighborhood. Found one package at my neighbors front door. One on a sidewalk between two homes. One package was on a common area lawn, and I tried yelling after the presumed delivery guy.... some slob in sweatpants and flipflops on a cold January day. He wouldn't turn around. Another day, no package at my door upon receipt of Amazon notification... I rushed outside, walked around the neighborhood, and found a banged up plain white panel van. Stood there a minute, and a guy came walking up, and responded yes to my question whether he was from Amazon. When I gave him my name, he said yes, he'd left me the package. I asked him to show me, and he walked me to an unmarked wooden gate, no where near any front door, not even close to my home. When I pointed out his error, he just shrugged, and said "I thought that was your address."

So, I had my share of problems with UPS. I'd say they were 80-85% accurate. But they were brilliant compared to the new Amazon delivery service. I'd go back-to-brown if I could.

Check my order history on Amazon....every one of my recent deliveries was not only marked delivered, it was noted "it was handed directly to the resident." Never once was a package handed to me.

Haha this happens to me too! But lately the Amazon delivery service HAS rung the doorbell and handed me the package when I’m there.....so maybe they’re addressing this

With the Amazon app on my tablet, it pops up a notification that my package was delivered. Impressively timely. That's an odd experience, when I'm home. Open the door, and there's no package there.

I get notifications at 8am “delivered”. If via USPS it means the postal worker put it on the truck and will deliver sometime during the day on their route :confused:

Same here. Package was delayed twice do to weather. Status was never updated. Then all of a sudden "out for delivery" and it showed up.

You are waiting on audio equipment? Wait until you open the box and find out it doesnt work or its breaks. Its mercury retrograde. You are really screwed. Take it back and purchase it again May 1.

These things happen all too often. I can't say I don't get upset. But I can agree its not worth getting upset.... because it solves nothing, and I don't feel any better.

I've had my share of delivery nightmare stories. UPS. A recent furniture order from Houzz via Fedex Ground. But for me, the champion is Amazon's new gig-economy delivery service. I order from Amazon often. Five of the most recent six deliveries were delivered to the wrong address, or no address at all.... (the most recent was correct; before that, they were 0 for 5).

For those who haven't experienced Amazon's new delivery service.... its sort of Uber for packages. Unmarked vans, or cars, with random untrained drivers. They work, of course, from their phones. So, when they dump the package wherever they want, they click their phones and tell Amazon its delivered. Check my order history on Amazon....every one of my recent deliveries was not only marked delivered, it was noted "it was handed directly to the resident." Never once was a package handed to me.

With the Amazon app on my tablet, it pops up a notification that my package was delivered. Impressively timely. That's an odd experience, when I'm home. Open the door, and there's no package there. I've taken to going outside immediately and looking around the neighborhood. Found one package at my neighbors front door. One on a sidewalk between two homes. One package was on a common area lawn, and I tried yelling after the presumed delivery guy.... some slob in sweatpants and flipflops on a cold January day. He wouldn't turn around. Another day, no package at my door upon receipt of Amazon notification... I rushed outside, walked around the neighborhood, and found a banged up plain white panel van. Stood there a minute, and a guy came walking up, and responded yes to my question whether he was from Amazon. When I gave him my name, he said yes, he'd left me the package. I asked him to show me, and he walked me to an unmarked wooden gate, no where near any front door, not even close to my home. When I pointed out his error, he just shrugged, and said "I thought that was your address."

So, I had my share of problems with UPS. I'd say they were 80-85% accurate. But they were brilliant compared to the new Amazon delivery service. I'd go back-to-brown if I could.

At home, UPS always just leaves stuff, and at my side door, which is exposed to the elements. The front door is covered.

One of the problems often has to do with crowdsourced map data. I live on a corner lot. My garage is on the alley behind my house. I've been using Waze to map my drives home, and have been going through the motions on Waze to mark my parking spot to close out the ride. Now, Google Maps, Uber, Lyft all show my address as along the side street, closer to my garage rather than at my front door. I've been told that by establishing my garage as my destination I've had an impact on the map data. Any time I use a gig-based food service or arrange for Uber drivers will show up around the corner from my front door.

People live and die by these map apps based on Google Maps data. When they're wrong a lot of these drivers give in to confusion instead of using their brains. Because he couldn't cope with his delivery app's directions a Grubhub guy called from the side street in view of my front door last week. He had my street address, he was at the corner where he could see the street signs, and my front door has my house number in ten inch tall letters, but he couldn't deal with the fact that his app told him to arrive on a side street where houses didn't have steps or doors.

I have a friend who has Amazon delivery problems similar to @LaffingBear . He orders a lot of business supplies through Prime. His address shows correctly on Bing, but it's off by a few houses on Google Maps, centering on a public sidewalk that runs from street to alley between two houses. Amazon deliveries end up at one of two incorrect houses, or just placed at the intersection between this odd little sidewalk and the street. He's gone so far as to place a sign on a neighbor's fence at that junction, and to put up signs at the two incorrect houses on their porches indicating (for example) "THIS IS NOT 415 ELM ST -- 415 ELM DELIVERIES ARE 4 DOORS EAST ---->". Packages are still often mis-delivered.

I'm told that there's a way to establish yourself as a credible Google Maps data editor, and correct these mistakes. One of the Uber drivers I met has offered to straighten my address out for me.

Edited by Nvr2Thick

One of the problems often has to do with crowdsourced map data.

That makes some sense. My home, street address #50.... looks exactly like a neighbor down the street, #90. Same developer. Same design. Same age. Same siding. So I understood when UPS delivered my items to her, and her items to me.

However, I can't imagine anything but apathy and the knowledge that they can just report it placed directly in my hands via their phones to explain why a driver would just throw a package on a sidewalk near no home, or a lawn near no door, or leave it at an unmarked gate. Even if there's an honest reason to mistakenly leave it in the wrong place, it's blatantly dishonest to mark it placed directly in my hands.

Label me conspiracy-theorist: I wouldn't be surprised if the relationship with Amazon and delivery drivers includes incentives based on accuracy, or penalties when items are reported missing/not received. I didn't have a problem with Amazon 2 years ago when I twice reported an item missing ... it was either tracked down by UPS and re-directed, or replaced. But now that they have their own service, I can't help wondering if I report one of the items missing whether Amazon's response would include some challenge that the delivery driver said they placed it directly in my hands.

One of the problems often has to do with crowdsourced map data. I live on a corner lot. My garage is on the alley behind my house. I've been using Waze to map my drives home, and have been going through the motions on Waze to mark my parking spot to close out the ride. Now, Google Maps, Uber, Lyft all show my address as along the side street, closer to my garage rather than at my front door. I've been told that by establishing my garage as my destination I've had an impact on the map data. Any time I use a gig-based food service or arrange for Uber drivers will show up around the corner from my front door.

People live and die by these map apps based on Google Maps data. When they're wrong a lot of these drivers give in to confusion instead of using their brains. Because he couldn't cope with his delivery app's directions a Grubhub guy called from the side street in view of my front door last week. He had my street address, he was at the corner where he could see the street signs, and my front door has my house number in ten inch tall letters, but he couldn't deal with the fact that his app told him to arrive on a side street where houses didn't have steps or doors.

I have a friend who has Amazon delivery problems similar to @LaffingBear . He orders a lot of business supplies through Prime. His address shows correctly on Bing, but it's off by a few houses on Google Maps, centering on a public sidewalk that runs from street to alley between two houses. Amazon deliveries end up at one of two incorrect houses, or just placed at the intersection between this odd little sidewalk and the street. He's gone so far as to place a sign on a neighbor's fence at that junction, and to put up signs at the two incorrect houses on their porches indicating (for example) "THIS IS NOT 415 ELM ST -- PLEASE 415 ELM DELIVERIES ARE 4 DOORS EAST ---->". Packages are still often mis-delivered.

I'm told that there's a way to establish yourself as a credible Google Maps data editor, and correct these mistakes. One of the Uber drivers I met has offered to straighten my address out for me.

Über consistently drops my young men visitors off exactly one street away (townhome complex) from my address. They are looking at their GPS/map only...their drop off isn’t my address number and of course not even the street.

Über consistently drops my young men visitors off exactly one street away (townhome complex) from my address. They are looking at their GPS/map only...their drop off isn’t my address number and of course not even the street.

Über's app sent drivers down the alley behind my condo building in San Diego. I started sending a message to the drivers to ignore the app and turn down my street, not my alley.