PDXers: is Silverado back open.......

azdr0710
This topic is 2236 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

........with full nudity in the main room?......a March post at their website said they were closing April 1 of this year, but their website now appears to be business as usual.....I'd like to keep the "master list" thread updated.....and, while I have you, is Stag still open and as usual?......

thanks

Silverado is still staying open while the leasing issues they face are being handled, buy it is very much day to day, and eventually they will have to relocate one way or another. Fingers crossed, they can be moved without a long break. Stag is still open, they are about finished with the remodel of their expanded space.

• 3 weeks later...

Visiting Silverado this evening brought the news that the closure of the club has been cancelled- the lease cancellation threat and other issues are resolved, and the regular operation of the club is now assured. The guys are now anxiously awaiting the return of clientele to entertain. There will still be the earthquake safety upgrades the city of Portland is requiring causing a construction closure sometime in the future, but this is an issue all businesses in Portland will eventually face.

Visiting Silverado this evening brought the news that the closure of the club has been cancelled- the lease cancellation threat and other issues are resolved, and the regular operation of the club is now assured. The guys are now anxiously awaiting the return of clientele to entertain. There will still be the earthquake safety upgrades the city of Portland is requiring causing a construction closure sometime in the future, but this is an issue all businesses in Portland will eventually face.

I assume the earthquake-proofing will require the dismantling of the wrought iron balcony where the lapdances are now. I hate that place. Backroom please !

Ya, basically any commercial use in an nonreinforced masonry brick building will have to have its floors anchored to a non-brick wall, meaning balconies will be removed- don't know where they could put a back room in that building.