Fake Social Media Engagement:

This topic is 2328 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

why?????????

Does buying twitter followers, likes, retweets make a companion more or less serious?

Do ya’ll even notice when there is definite “popularity-boosting” going on in someone’s social media?

If someone is willing to buy fake engagement, do you think it is a stretch to think that they are also: writing fake reviews, faking forum posts, lying about stats?

why?????????

Does buying twitter followers, likes, retweets make a companion more or less serious?...

I think the word you are looking for is "desperate."

...Do ya’ll even notice when there is definite “popularity-boosting” going on in someone’s social media?...

Typically, I don't pay attention to guys' social media accounts, but if I did and suddenly there was a surge in commentary I would suspect something untoward is going on.

...If someone is willing to buy fake engagement, do you think it is a stretch to think that they are also: writing fake reviews, faking forum posts, lying about stats?

Not a stretch at all. In fact, it would seem to be the logical progression.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the word you are looking for is "desperate."

Typically, I don't pay attention to guys' social media accounts, but if I did and suddenly there was a surge in commentary I would suspect something untoward is going on.

Not a stretch at all. In fact, it would seem to be the logical progression.

Thanks for beautiful reply.