Body Buttler Massage & Wellnes (APP)

7829V
This topic is 2257 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Searching online doesn't find much information about the developer, Smallwheel Inc, so I would be very cautious about installing the app and giving it permission to access your information, location, etc. What little I could find suggests it might be a Russian app developer startup, but I may be mistaken.

Personally, I always check out the developer before I install anything on my personal devices, even though Apple is pretty good at compartmentalizing apps from personal data.

Edited by LivingnLA

The company filed their articles of incorporation using Legal zoom, so there are no company officers listed. The address of record is 9903 Santa Monica Blvd., Ste. 978- which is actually not a suite at all, it’s a PO box. Which is actually illegal to list on the AOI.

The company filed their articles of incorporation using Legal zoom, so there are no company officers listed. The address of record is 9903 Santa Monica Blvd., Ste. 978- which is actually not a suite at all, it’s a PO box. Which is actually illegal to list on the AOI.

Also! There is also an expired job listing for an app developer.

I found out the guy who owns the App! Damn I feel proud of my web sluthing abilities.

Given that it’s showing up on M4M pages they must own it. Another reason to avoid.

I called one of my masseurs who has an ad on M4M and asked him about it.. He said when he logged into his account on M4M, they gave him the option of 3 free months if he tried it, then you have to pay a monthly fee to advertise. He was pissed, since if you go to M4M, the ad for Body Butler takes up the top page of the site. Then when you click on ANY individual ad on M4M part of the masseur's ad is about Body Butler. ( not the masseur's choice....M4M forces it into each ad) So my masseur closed his account. He thought it was a shitty thing for M4M to do.....to promote another product on the M4M site that drives traffic to an app and other masseurs that are not even listed on M4M.....on the exact site where these guys like my masseur are paying for their ads. (paying up to $269/month!) I agreed with him. NOT cool for M4M to do this. I think they either own part of the app....or get a cut from the company for advertising it....at the expense of their advertisers. As I said, NOT cool to encourage clients to use Body Butler, and pull potential clients away from their own M4M masseur advertisers.

Edited by Dmitri

Everyone should think LONG and HARD (pun intended) about signing up/downloading this app. All of the communication between the provider and client are through the app. There are no phone numbers listed. There’s a chat function and a direct call function, which means all of your communication is sent through the app (3rd party) and tracked. If the company/site is seized they can be forced to release the information and any communication exchanges can be tracked back to the provider/client.