Apps killed gay bars and now bathhouses

muscmtl
This topic is 2237 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Went to cumunion last night, at least a hundred men there, and a half of them, the young ones, on their phones (grndr, scruff, bbrt) barely making contact. What the fuck. They're looking for sex on an app while at the bathhouse? Why? because no one is hot enuf for them, even though they're hardly hot themselves? What gets me is the arrogance, barely looking up from their phone to see who's checking. Never thought I'd live to see the day when a gay bathhouse would feel like an episode of The Walking Dead.

Went to cumunion last night, at least a hundred men there, and a half of them, the young ones, on their phones (grndr, scruff, bbrt) barely making contact. What the fuck. They're looking for sex on an app while at the bathhouse? Why? because no one is hot enuf for them, even though they're hardly hot themselves? What gets me is the arrogance, barely looking up from their phone to see who's checking. Never thought I'd live to see the day when a gay bathhouse would feel like an episode of The Walking Dead.

I disagree, Apps didn't kill gay bathhouses...and, speaking only about Fort Lauderdale, on any given night, most of the bars are standing room only, but I agree with you about grindr and the like. I was at Johnson's in FTL the other night for a friends birthday party. The guys that came up from Miami to dance were almost legendary. A stunning line up of boys, everyone a head turner. I looked over at him and he had his head buried deep in his phone. He suddenly got a hit, "Meet me at the Alibi in a hour," he said, and just like that he was gone. Cracked me up...