Updated Privacy Notices?

LaffingBear
This topic is 2307 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

How many updated privacy notices have you gotten in the past 10 days?

Are you reading them all? Thoroughly?

Are they easy to read, simple and straightforward? Even approach brief?

Are they clarifying anything? Do you feel you have a better understanding of your privacy, how your data/information is used?

Feels like a corporate exercise in BS to me. Important issue, but some legal actuarials somewhere must know that only a tiny fraction of users read those things, and even fewer understand them, before clicking away their consent.

I think it might?? have to do with some new European privacy law that went into effect yesterday.....everybody has to update and notify.....

have been getting a ton.....

That is exactly why every website is requiring that you re-accept their privacy policy.

How many updated privacy notices have you gotten in the past 10 days?

Are you reading them all? Thoroughly?

Are they easy to read, simple and straightforward? Even approach brief?

Are they clarifying anything? Do you feel you have a better understanding of your privacy, how your data/information is used?

Feels like a corporate exercise in BS to me. Important issue, but some legal actuarials somewhere must know that only a tiny fraction of users read those things, and even fewer understand them, before clicking away their consent.

Speaking from the viewpoint of someone who works for an online financial institution, we wish consumers would read, understand, and ask questions about our privacy, data usage, and solicitation policies. Doing so would save everyone time and frustration. To summarize...

We know you don't but we wish you did.