Hot Dogs Or Hamburgers For Memorial Day?

Avalon
This topic is 2321 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen a youTube vid about the In n Out burger chain, and being intensely curious, I drove the 6.1 miles to the nearest one just now. (I'm not too far from an entrance to I80, and it's very close to an the Richmond parkway exit, so it was only an 11 minute driver). The burger was good; fries not overly greases or salty. My housemate thought that the bun got soggy too fast, but otherwise liked it.

Having seen a youTube vid about the In n Out burger chain, and being intensely curious, I drove the 6.1 miles to the nearest one just now. (I'm not too far from an entrance to I80, and it's very close to an the Richmond parkway exit, so it was only an 11 minute driver). The burger was good; fries not overly greases or salty. My housemate thought that the bun got soggy too fast, but otherwise liked it.

Several years ago I was out driving. I had my window down. I was stopped at a red light. The guy in the car to my left asked me where the In-n-Out Burger place was. That's never happened before.

Several years ago I was out driving. I had my window down. I was stopped at a red light. The guy in the car to my left asked me where the In-n-Out Burger place was. That's never happened before.

Hot dogs for us in PDX. It's great to have access to a BBQ again. Unfortunately, it's not allowed at my apartment in San Diego.

Several blocks away from me is a mom & pop store. There's a guy who does bbq out in front. Sometimes when the wind was blowing in the right direction I could smell it when I stepped outside my apartment.

Hot dogs for us in PDX. It's great to have access to a BBQ again. Unfortunately, it's not allowed at my apartment in San Diego.

Several blocks away from me is a mom & pop store. There's a guy who does bbq out in front. Sometimes when the wind was blowing in the right direction I could smell it when I stepped outside my apartment.

Fried chicken and creamy cole slaw at Bush's. They had a slight issue with my drink request: a third Sprite, two thirds unsweet ice tea.

Years ago I once took my niece to the fair. She was thirsty so I got her a drink. She complained they were putting too much ice in the cup. I explained to her that was how they made their money - lots of ice, little soft drink.

Fried chicken and creamy cole slaw at Bush's. They had a slight issue with my drink request: a third Sprite, two thirds unsweet ice tea.

Years ago I once took my niece to the fair. She was thirsty so I got her a drink. She complained they were putting too much ice in the cup. I explained to her that was how they made their money - lots of ice, little soft drink.

Try "animal style" - wrapped in lettuce!

Try "animal style" - wrapped in lettuce!

My favorite at In-N-Out is the Neapolitan shake, where they layer vanilla, chocolate and strawberry shake. I always order the extra large, switching around the order of layers for variety. Perfectly sinful but we do not have In-N-Out here in the Midwest so I have to enjoy when I travel to Las Vegas or Dallas!

http://hackthemenu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/in-n-out-neapolitan-shake-1032px.jpg

TruHart1 :cool: